View Poll Results: Can covering yourself in black bloc make you a conspirator to your group's crimes?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Bloc Criminal Conspirators

Type
    INTx

Black Bloc Criminal Conspirators

Tim Pool makes good arguments. I agree that the people who participate in black bloc tactics by hiding their identities in a sea of black covering are conspirators to the collective criminal actions of the group, even when they're not the individual(s) who lights the fire or who swings the hammer or bike lock. But it's a stretch to also charge the non-black bloc wearing hangers on.

Type
    INTP
    Not watching the video.. I don't poison my mind with latest social agitation fads, such an Antifa,. But I intuitively think that their tactics are deplorable, dishonest, dangerous and subversive..

They are nothing but mediocre mercenaries, pawns being moved across a chess board.. I suppose the police will be needing a reason to test all that new military grade hard gear.

Oh the question: Yea. Dress as one, move as one, be held responsible as one. Those are the rules..
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Oh the question: Yea. Dress as one, move as one, be held responsible as one.
    Exactly what I was going to say.

If you're travelling somewhere, go to the trouble of dressing in head-to-toe black and obscuring your face, all to march with a group of notoriously violent vandals, you know pretty damn well what you're doing, and should be held accountable.

Type
    INtP
    anti-fascists get prosecuted by the government for wearing all black and covering their face.

Wow, a real topic and not a subplot of a Margaret Atwood novel.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    anti-fascists get prosecuted by the government for wearing all black and covering their face.

Wow, a real topic and not a subplot of a Margaret Atwood novel.
    I'm getting real sick of your passive aggressive shit.

"Wow, a real topic!"

Yea, one that we just got done discussing in all of two minutes, because it's conceptually simplistic.. much like the minds that like to perpetuate such "topics".

(No offense to you Mike, I think you have a broader horizon)

Here, let's get your nuerons firing!
    New topic: Are Antifa really anti-fascist?
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I'm getting real sick of your passive aggressive shit.

"Wow, a real topic!"

Yea, one that we just got done discussing in all of two minutes, because it's conceptually simplistic.. much like the minds that like to perpetuate such "topics".

(No offense to you Mike, I think you have a broader horizon)

Here, let's get your nuerons firing!
    New topic: Are Antifa really anti-fascist?
    Is sarcasm and snark passive-aggressiveness? If it is, then guilty. The irony of it was too much not to comment.

And it's not conceptually simplistic, there is already disagreement.

Good follow-up question though.

Antifa isn't a gated or secure organization so there is no vetting process. Some are going to be politically motivated with reasons and strategy for their actions. But inevitably some are going to be stupid fucks who want to fuck shit up with an excuse. Although I feel like there was a different thread where we had already begun debating antifa's stated goals/means to their end.

Type
    INFJ
    Antifa is funded by George Soros

It's not 'anti-fascist' as the plan of oligarchs like george soros is to enslave everyone under a technocratic government run by the corporate oligarchs

So i'd say if you define fascism as a merger of state and corporate power then antifa are playing right into the hands of the corporate-facists.....and are in fact funded by them

Antifa were releasing how to videos showing their followers how to derail trains by pouring concrete onto the tracks; i don't know if that is what caused that recent accident in the US though

Type
    xNxx
    The current tool is a "gang injunction" ala what the LAPD did in the 80s-90s to fight the bloods and crips. In California, the injunction was not ruled to be unconstitutional because it was narrowly defined to a dress code and a small location. I could see a situation where certain protests are slapped with injunctions beforehand to make sure the Proud Boys don't end up fighting Antifa with clubs as happened several times this year. I'm sure civil libertarians will have a lot to say about it.

Type
    iNTP
    really really disappointed in those fools marching in "welcome to Hell" in HH. Puh. That"ll have to be made up. Or else.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    dressing head-to-toe in benetton isn’t gonna protect you from a police kettle and you should know what that is before you go to any demonstration. often bystanders will get caught in them.

they’re attempting to charge 200 people based on “group liability” regardless of individual reasons for being there. max sentence for all the charges is 50 years in prison. yeah, it’s extreme. don’t agree with it.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD