Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JohnClay's Christmas book/ebook

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    With pixelated images I meant the images you attached, not your eBook. I checked it on a desktop first time, it looked fine.

Just follow Kindle’s recommended pixel ratio and you’d be fine.

Best to avoid changes to your manuscript or book cover once you published it. After changes will cause considerable inconveniences for those who already purchased your eBook. They will have to update their version or worse download it again.
    Ok thanks I won't upload it again. I am uploading a new version of the paper back though because sometimes things get too close to the middle/spine.

Type
    INTP
    Vegas Movies Studio 14 Suite - A$120
    Purple planet music US$40
    Fiverr:
    Up to 200 words in 3 days: A$70
    Full broadcast rights: A$13

So I came up with the video for a YouTube ad but at the moment I don't have a decent site to link the video to if they click it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUoEx2xdL7c

The voice over includes text from the main book/ebook description. The original video was 832 x 1080 but after I uploaded the max resolution it is showing has a height of 720.

This project seems to alternate from good to bad and when I'm trying really hard to be successful it seems to get worse.

Type
    INTP
    At church tonight I brought along a copy of my book. I told a guy training to be a pastor that I brought along my book today and asked whether he'd like a copy. He had said earlier in the day that he hadn't bought my book and he had only read pre-release versions. He was interested in getting a copy. Before that happened I was fairly sure that if I showed the head pastor he might say that it was inappropriate since the book is designed to plant doubt in people's faith in the Bible. But he was happy to see my book and was interested in the new book I'm working on - "Science and the Bible". (the sub-title might be "A flat earth and other oddities" or "From dinosaurs to a flat earth") A few people at church were looking at my book. The pastor saw me with other people and said something about me being a self-published author. When I get some more copies there are so far three more people at church that I'll give it to. One person wants to pay for it - I offered the book for $10.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay View Post

This project seems to alternate from good to bad and when I'm trying really hard to be successful it seems to get worse.
    Sounds about right. Muses don't much like being whored out for money. If you watch documentaries about [living at the time] $ucce$$ful artists, you'll see they always have two personalities: the artist that glows and boils with laughter and passion for their craft, and a businessperson with a lust for lucre and a resemblance to Gollum. The transformation is unnerving to watch, but I think that partition is necessary for the most ironic reason: sanity.

In rare cases they are always the businessgollum, and even more rarely such creatures are actually talented.
    Every master plan has one overarching contingency that will be required for success: desenrascanço. In light of this, it is tempting to skip the planning phase and just make desenrascanço your master plan. I don't recommend this, but it has worked out for me in the past to an alarming degree. The problem is it keeps you too focused on the short term to ever improve your situation in the long.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    udemy.com has about 90% off a lot of their courses at the moment.

I bought the following which were normally about $200 each:

Writing With Impact: Writing That Persuades
    By Clare Lynch, Writing tutor, Cambridge University

Ninja Writing: The Four Levels Of Writing Mastery
    By Shani Raja, Ex-Wall Street Journal editor

Writing With Flair 2.0: How To Become An Exceptional Writer
    By Shani Raja, Ex-Wall Street Journal editor

Someone had suggested I do a writing class. I want to be a better writer for the "Science and the Bible" book I'm working on.

Type
    INTP
    I made a website and am going to use Google AdWords to advertise it:

http://uncensored-christmas.sky-walker.net/

Type
    INTP
    I made more mobile-friendly web pages based on the book:

The Bible's two Christmas stories told in parallel - with cartoons:
    http://uncensored-christmas.sky-walker.net/two-stories/

The conflicting genealogies of Jesus:
    http://uncensored-christmas.sky-walker.net/genealogies/

Type
    INTP
    Here are the reported sales of "An Uncensored Guide to the Christmas Stories"

book:
    Dec - 1
    Jan - 1
    Feb - 1

ebook:
    Jan - 2

I thought I would have sold more than 2 copies of the ebook since it got to top #6000 in the kindle charts. I bought one copy of the ebook - anyone else buy a copy? Or a copy of the paperback?