Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic images from your childhood

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    It kind of pains me to know the Screech had sex with every female Cast member (including Miss Bliss from the first season, and rumor has it some of these sexual escapades may have happened all at the same once. In his book Screech said at 12 years old he could sort enough coke in one sitting to make Pablo Escobar look like a curious female college student from a privileged, religious background in Montana.
    We're supposed to be romanticizing our childhoods, not ruining them.

He must talk good game, because when did he bang Miss Bliss? Looking like that? Is that even legal?

Type
    INTP

Back in the day a box of these had a playground street value of (2) Sega Genesis cartridges (non-mainstream titles only, so no Sonic, X-Men, NBA Jam, ect. Vectorman must be discussed and voted on by a tribunal of ones peers) and a loosey cigarette.

Type
    intp
    Can't remember if I was allowed to stay up til 10.40 pm as I was 8. But 4 1/2 hours after Neil Armstrong did a controlled crash into the moon, a Canberra bomber delivered the video footage from Sydney to Whenuapai and the NZBC broadcast the footage of the moon landing.

Type
    INXj

;(
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.

Type
    INTP
    jyng1, though older, is close enough that we remember the same childhood things. I remember playing pong on a store display but I never had a console video game system. I had Microvision though.

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    This is not a picture of me, but I did have a Strawberry Shortcake canopy bed
    It's the wood paneling that did it for me, the house I lived in as a kid was full of that stuff.

These are what I played with when I lived there:

This little place is apparently still open. There's a grassy hill with picnic tables nearby, perfect for summer afternoons:

I think this is the TV we had. Watching star trek TNG with my dad is some good memories:

Type
    INTP
    ^ we had the Zenith tv and vcr combo as well.

I had pogs as a tyke, and this lego spaceship.

Since I'm Canadian -

Phil was the best. Everyone that came after was simultaneously dull and overenthusiastic, a baby-talking crew.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    There was this super-heavyweight wrestler named Earthquake who I was convinced was unstoppable because he could just sit on people. Call this image low quality but that's how stuff looked at the time.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    This is not a picture of me, but I did have a Strawberry Shortcake canopy bed
    @Sistamatic had a canopy bed, a piano, her own bathroom, and a door to the outside in her bedroom when we were that age. I lived in the attic (like literally the pull down ladder attic), and my little baby brother lived in my old room (which also had a door to the outside in it). I remember being very envious of the canopy, cuz it was like having a built in tent! Come to think of it, who in the hell designed that house? It had two non-master bedrooms, and one had its own bathroom and both had outside doors! That's like the worst design ever for kids from a parents perspective. I mean, they might escape or something!

Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    @Sistamatic had a canopy bed, a piano, her own bathroom, and a door to the outside in her bedroom when we were that age. I lived in the attic (like literally the pull down ladder attic), and my little baby brother lived in my old room (which also had a door to the outside in it). I remember being very envious of the canopy, cuz it was like having a built in tent! Come to think of it, who in the hell designed that house? It had two non-master bedrooms, and one had its own bathroom and both had outside doors! That's like the worst design ever for kids from a parents perspective. I mean, they might escape or something!

Actually, I had the master bedroom. Dad didn't want it because the bathroom didn't have a bathtub and mom didn't want it because it had a smaller closet. Mom and Dad went in birth order for bedroom choice. They picked the big bedroom closest to the bathroom with a tub. I, of course, when offered a choice between a small corner room and an enormous room with a bathroom and a door to the outside, picked the good room. You got what was left. Then mom got pregnant again and there were no more bedrooms. If it had been a girl, I'd have had to share my big room. But it was a boy, so they made you share the tiny one. That is where they did a parenting fail. They should have made me move into the small room and had the two of you share the big one. I think the only reason they didn't give you two the room is because I was having all those surgeries around the time our little brother was born. Remember when you fell out the attic window?

Mom did not want you moving into the attic. She really really didn't like it because she was afraid everyone would think she was a terrible parent, but you wouldn't take no for an answer (probably because of being stuck with a screaming baby.) I only had the bathroom for a short while because of the time I got a bucket and tried to wash the carpet in my room for mom because she was yelling at me about how dirty it was. They had to take out the carpet. Luckily there were hardwoods under it. It was actually a good thing when they sealed that bathroom off. I didn't know where they were all coming from at the time, but in retrospect, there was some sort of septic system flaw and the shower in there, which was just a shower head and a drain in the floor, was connected to a desert underground oasis for roaches, centipedes, etc. I regularly found scorpions and centipedes in my room, and at night there were so many roaches I had to make sure to sleep with my mouth shut. I had to rig a string to the light switch to get up to go to the bathroom. I'd flip it on and watch all the roaches run for cover. I woke up with a scorpion on my leg one morning. (We lived in the desert...they were the really poisonous white scorpions, not the mild black ones.) After they sealed off the bathroom, the bug problem went away. They opened it back up before we moved away and I had figured it out by then, so I just kept something heavy over the drains.

The piano was a piece of crap. Half the keys didn't work. They put it in my room because they didn't want it to take up space in the house anymore. The previous owners left it because it wasn't worth moving, and I think we left it behind in the next house for the same reason.

You got the big room in the next house. I chose the smallest one because it had a door to the basement and a door to the attic and a door to the main part of the house. I kept all the hinges oiled and whenever mom started yelling at me through one door, I could sneak out another one and pretend I wasn't there. Didn't they make you move into the little room next door to their's after you shot a hunting arrow into the roof of the neighbor's house? I'm surprised they didn't make me move into it after they caught me sneaking out in the middle of the night, rofl. Actually, I think the only reason they didn't is because they'd already made you do it.

And in the next house, I got pretty much the whole basement...own bathroom again, and a door to the outside where I could put the car on the little hill so I could roll away in neutral at night without waking anyone. Pbbbllltttt.

(I think everyone is likely feeling sorry for our parents at this point.)
    Last edited by Sistamatic; 12-29-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle