Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic images from your childhood

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Actually, I had the master bedroom. Dad didn't want it because the bathroom didn't have a bathtub and mom didn't want it because it had a smaller closet. Mom and Dad went in birth order for bedroom choice. They picked the big bedroom closest to the bathroom with a tub. I, of course, when offered a choice between a small corner room and an enormous room with a bathroom and a door to the outside, picked the good room. You got what was left. Then mom got pregnant again and there were no more bedrooms. If it had been a girl, I'd have had to share my big room. But it was a boy, so they made you share the tiny one. That is where they did a parenting fail. They should have made me move into the small room and had the two of you share the big one. I think the only reason they didn't give you two the room is because I was having all those surgeries around the time our little brother was born. Remember when you fell out the attic window?
    Whoa, that seems pretty serious. Did he fall on his head? That would explain a lot.

(I kid).

The stories about the roaches/centipedes/scorpions makes me think that being tucked up in the attic may have been the better deal after all.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Whoa, that seems pretty serious. Did he fall on his head? That would explain a lot.

(I kid).

The stories about the roaches/centipedes/scorpions makes me think that being tucked up in the attic may have been the better deal after all.
    Honestly I think it was more the principle of the thing. I was the oldest so I got priority. Then when I moved out, they decided to give priority to the youngest. They still do. Our youngest brother is like the frikkin golden child. He can do no wrong in their eyes. Stigs can do no right. I'm forgiven for my shortcomings because I am female and because I had so many issues growing up...they are literally impressed to the point of beaming when I do a good job of loading a fucking dishwasher. The funny part is that they know nothing about the youngest. He lies to them about everything. I think their level of pride is inversely proportional to how well they know us. Stigs is an open book. I've lived several states away since I was 17, and youngest tells them exactly what they want to hear.

Stigs is by far the most talented and capable of the three of us. Why no one else in the family can see that is beyond me.

Oh, and he landed on his ass.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Rocket slides:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5638379/the-...round-rockets/

This is the specific one we used to play on:
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INXj

This shouldn't be nostalgic as it's been like a Christmas tradition since it came out but watching a young Macaulay Culkin feels like you wanna go back to being a child again because adulting is such a huge mess.

Thank you Netflix for rubbing that sore spot.
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.

Type
    INXP
    Spoiler: you knew it was coming
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    This was my favorite t-shirt growing up @rincon because the caption is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Spoiler: you knew it was coming
    I remember being like 8 and being amped as fuck when the intro came on -- I'd spin around the room doing karate movies and pretending to charge up blasts and stuff. One time I accidentally knocked one of the lamps over whilst I was mid transformation into a Super Sayin and when my mom found out she told me she wished my father would've came up with that hundred dollar difference she managed to scrape together for a second trimester abortion.

That...that was a very dark day in my life..

*unscrewed cap of vodka bottle*

Type
    INTP

Type
    INFP

Type
    INtP