Thread: Little responses to locked threads that deserved their own thread.

Type
    INTP

Little responses to locked threads that deserved their own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with theconsent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/reco...-conversations

Type
    INtP
    That whole thread went from "carry on" to "locked and ban whoever brings this up again" in six minutes. Amazing.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    That whole thread went from "carry on" to "locked and ban whoever brings this up again" in six minutes. Amazing.

Type
    INTP
    States have their own laws. For example, "CONNECTICUT LAW...In most cases, no one may record a telephone conversation without the knowledge of all parties to the conversation...Recordings that violate Connecticut law are generally admissible in federal court if they meet the requirements of federal law. Federal law governs the admissibility of evidence in federal court."

https://www.cga.ct.gov/PS99/rpt%5Col.../99-R-0987.htm
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    States have their own laws. For example, "CONNECTICUT LAW...In most cases, no one may record a telephone conversation without the knowledge of all parties to the conversation...Recordings that violate Connecticut law are generally admissible in federal court if they meet the requirements of federal law. Federal law governs the admissibility of evidence in federal court."

https://www.cga.ct.gov/PS99/rpt%5Col.../99-R-0987.htm
    Donny, you're outta your element.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    [video

Type
    INtP
    So let’s make the case explicitly, and explain why legality doesn’t determine ethics.First, we can proceed by enumerating a few counter-examples:

1. Most kinds of lying are perfectly legal, but lying is generally recognized as being unethical;
    2. Breaking promises is generally legal, but is widely thought of as unethical;
    3. Cheating on your husband or wife or boyfriend or girlfriend is legal, but unethical, though the rule against it is perhaps more honoured in the breach;
    4. …and so on.
    https://businessethicsblog.com/2011/...lways-ethical/

I posted a law -- not because I was making any threat of legal action -- but because I figured discussing ethics without some file cabinet-square and tangible rough guideline (see: a law) would be shouted down as feeler b.s.

But, I'll be damned if I wasn't taken literally.