Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convince me I need to buy this...

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    According to research, spending money on experiences is more gratifying long term than spending it on material items. So if I were you, I'd put it towards that overnight stay with the lady.

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    Buy your own book then frame the screen shot of your sales or somethan.

Tbh, you shouldn't have told her. Invest it in crypto. Anyone who says it's unstable isnt lying, but that's later on. Verge, Stellar, Tron, Cardano, etc. Nerds try to base their decisions on trust which they hope to gain from studying the business all the while buying prices are surging. Don't. It's easy money in the short term. Buy low, let it build, then pull it in a couple months. Binance.

Handle it bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Here's something more serious and less "look, I'm being an Indian!":

https://www.montanacanvas.com/produc...0-oz-wall-tent
    yea it's also twice as costly, twice as bulky, and would take five times the amount to set up. And the sami are the indigenous people of Norway. They look white, not that I give a damn so far as functionality is concerned.
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    According to research, spending money on experiences is more gratifying long term than spending it on material items. So if I were you, I'd put it towards that overnight stay with the lady.
    Oh it'll be an experience. The lady, dog, and I cozied up in that thing. A canoe on the shore. The snow softly falling and a warm meal over the fire.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    I'm with Maker's on this one as far as the experiential value of a primitive camping trip vs. a hotel room in a city. Once you make the initial equipment investment, you can keep having experiences without spending much money at all.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Edit: duplicate post...I must have hit reply a second time ... the site is definitely sluggish today.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Re: Ice fishing: why not just by an ice house? They have some that are like sleds that you can toe out on the ice with a 4 wheeler (or truck I suppose if the ice is strong enough). You can put a heater in there as well to keep it warm. Plus these things are a cinch to set up, would take like 2 min.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Re: Ice fishing: why not just by an ice house? They have some that are like sleds that you can toe out on the ice with a 4 wheeler (or truck I suppose if the ice is strong enough). You can put a heater in there as well to keep it warm. Plus these things are a cinch to set up, would take like 2 min.
    I don't have money for both and tipi serves more functions, including, maybe being an ice house.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers!* View Post
    I don't have money for both and tipi serves more functions, including, maybe being an ice house.
    They are pretty light. you could prolly drag it behind you.

OK, sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear, I'll shut up now.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'