Thread: BarIII's DIY workshop

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    *drops Heph's mic*

Ahem. BarIII?
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    So, I need a 14/3 type SJ cord. Hopefully the heating elements and nothing else deteriorated to make it dangerous. It's about 30 years old.

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    whoops, meant to post this in Rants and Raves. Sorry.
    Last edited by pensive_pilgrim; 01-09-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Type
    INTP
    SHORT needle nose pliers! Bet none of you have that. They're for getting a strong grip on a wire for bending at tight angles. Smooth jaws too.

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    SHORT needle nose pliers! Bet none of you have that.
    Wrong.
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    SHORT needle nose pliers! Bet none of you have that.
    Not a safe bet, not here. I have an entire set of jewelers pliers, so not just short needlenose, but several variations on the theme. Like short needlenose with a 90 degree bend.

My most obscure tools are likely my internal pipe wrenches... or possibly the ball puller attachment for my flintlock rifle.

I've got so many weird tools. Finding them when I need them...that's a whole other story, lol. It only takes one moment of P to undermine an entire lifetime of carefully forced jness....so I found when I needed my allan wrench set the other day. For decades I always made sure to put them in the same spot in my toolbox, then one slip and they are gone. And I don't even have children to blame it on.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    I think my most obscure tool is in the mail. A split ring opener. I didn't realize it's my most obscure tool until now. I feel like I'm forgetting something. I have a glue gun that takes 1/2" diameter glue sticks. Maybe that wins. And a decibel meter if that counts.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Not a safe bet, not here. I have an entire set of jewelers pliers, so not just short needlenose, but several variations on the theme. Like short needlenose with a 90 degree bend.

My most obscure tools are likely my internal pipe wrenches... or possibly the ball puller attachment for my flintlock rifle.

I've got so many weird tools. Finding them when I need them...that's a whole other story, lol. It only takes one moment of P to undermine an entire lifetime of carefully forced jness....so I found when I needed my allan wrench set the other day. For decades I always made sure to put them in the same spot in my toolbox, then one slip and they are gone. And I don't even have children to blame it on.
    Yeah. I'll sure your toolkit would be my toolkit's little hobby bitch.

I mean really- do any of you have a basin wrench or a floor nailer or a brick jointer or a margin grout float or a Maytag drum nut spanner or a ramset or a even a drill press or bench grinder? What have you been doing with your life?? I know what- paying people like me to bring tools to fix things. You people make me want to puke..

..all the way to the bank. I will be semi-sad when I step over your writhing, foaming corpses during the coming apocolypse.
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Spoiler: argument dissection kit:rofl:

Seriously though, if you are looking for the handiest set of small tools for doing little things, a dissection kit cannot be beat.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Oh, I have a bung wrench too.