Thread: What Tequila do you like for shots or sipping?

Type
    INTx

What Tequila do you like for shots or sipping?

I'm going to pick up a bottle of Tequila to bring to a party. Anybody have any favorites or know of a crowd pleaser?

Type
    INTP
    Dos Manos Blanco, ftw! Pitron is Pitron. Don Julio is another quality tequila. But for bang for the buck, versatility, aroma, taste, aftertaste and the all important street cred, I'd go with Dos Manos. It's kinda mid level price. Bargain in terms of quality but it's not likely to be on sale like some of the other name brands.

Incidentally, if I throw a party and need something for shots or margaritas, Costco's own tequila gets the job done. No one's going to complain or make a face and it shouldn't get people sick. People who are drinkers prolly know. But sometimes people get funny at parties and may think you're cheap or whatever, but if you want to serve something that is a great price and fully functional, get that and keep it behind the bar, you'll be fine.

Type
    xNxx
    Casamigos

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    clase azul ultra
    Then why did he put the Devil in me?

Type
    INTx
    Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately the Dos Manos is not available in the Virginia state liquor stores and clase azul ultra is way outside my budget. Don Julio is popular and Casamigos is good enough for George Clooney.

But I think I'm going to go with Maestro Dobel Diamond Tequila.

I like the idea that it's aged in oak for flavor and smoothness, while it's finished as filtered and clear. Supposedly the brown boozes make for worse hangovers.