Thread: Truth seekers 123 club

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx

Truth seekers 123 club

I've always believed in truth and thats why I invented this club for it. Truth is good. Join me as I uncover truths about. Let's go.
    Last edited by interprétation erronée; 01-07-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    True is rooted in our perception. Searching for Universal Truths is ongoing, always; I'm annoyed when so-so thinks he/she pinned an "answer" down.

Obsessive Compulsive types are always working to allay their anxiety by sorting, then resorting, etc.; they know "it just won't fit, it's off", regarding whatever objects, ideas, people they are trying to tamp down.

I think of any Truth that is accepted as true (whatever that is!) as our effort to find some footing, if only by knowing something

Type
    INxx
    I have no clue what that smart stuff means. Bring it down a couple notches pls.
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by interprétation erronée View Post
    I have no clue what that smart stuff means. Bring it down a couple notches pls.
    Okay, now ^ this should be in the insult thread. We just don't have easy reference points.

Truth threads are usually interesting around here until some irrelevant spat about semantics derails the thing. Or, the "You're wrong!" essay length post kicks off a competition, which is silly to me for reasons I stated above.

Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    True is rooted in our perception. Searching for Universal Truths is ongoing, always; I'm annoyed when so-so thinks he/she pinned an "answer" down.

Obsessive Compulsive types are always working to allay their anxiety by sorting, then resorting, etc.; they know "it just won't fit, it's off", regarding whatever objects, ideas, people they are trying to tamp down.

I think of any Truth that is accepted as true (whatever that is!) as our effort to find some footing, if only by knowing something
    On my second go this makes sense. I've decided I like the way you write.
    Jan Bonclay

Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Okay, now ^ this should be in the insult thread. We just don't have easy reference points.

Truth threads are usually interesting around here until some irrelevant spat about semantics derails the thing. Or, the "You're wrong!" essay length post kicks off a competition, which is silly to me for reasons I stated above.
    I don't do well in philosophical or whatever discussions and was hoping to fix this in this thread. I guess my education didn't provide that scaffolding. I have taken some weak critical thinking classes though.
    Jan Bonclay

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    We mostly need better record keeping and oversight. Let the liars get caught by whoever or whatever is looking over their shoulders so they could be fired. Look at some tragedies and you'll probably be able to think of how better and cheap oversight could have prevented it. This includes informing the public of things to look out for and where to report them.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Look at some tragedies and you'll probably be able to think of how better and cheap oversight could have prevented it.
    For example, Ballistic missile warning sent in error by Hawaii authorities.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    Xxxx
    There is no truth, only a battle of wills
    ni patrie ni patron

Type
    INTP
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.