Thread: I never stand up for anything

keep your kokoro away PureViolence's Avatar
    Type
    ISFP

I never stand up for anything

bullcrap
    Last edited by PureViolence; 05-26-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Type
    INTP
    I'm confused.. you said you don't stand up for yourself or your views, but when you engaged in that's debate, that precisely what you done.

?

Anyway, I buy from the artists I respect and want to see succeed. The rest can suffer the perils of capitalism as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Sinny; 01-20-2018 at 01:50 AM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    just to push some hate out of them
    if you curious as to the root of your aberrant social experience, i've isolated it for you, and you're welcome.

Type
    ISFP
    I'm responding to the titular statement only because your post doesn't seem to be relevant to the title.

Often, there is little perceived benefit for standing up for things. If you begin believing that there is a benefit for speaking up (e.g. promotes a strong sense of self), and try it once, then continue exercising your voice with tact and clarity while learning from others' feedback-- eventually you will find it easier to stand up for things.

People tend to like others who have spines. There's one benefit.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    Yeah, i noticed recently at real life that i find myself fighting against people as if i cared so much about things that i really give a damn about, and then i even attack myself by defending these things and people seem to be rather skeptic and distant to me for that.
    Is it a bad thing to have no place you call home? is it a bad to have no team? i'm cold already.
    You're just an argumentative fellow. I'm an argumentative bitch. If I'm bored, or I feel stifled, I will argue about silly stuff. I just argued about guns as if I thought the subject was interesting: Petty, absurd, whiny. That's my take on gun hysterics. I don't care if guns are legal or not (but semi-automatic weapons are absurd).

I bite my tongue a lot, even here, because some of my thoughts seem awful, but they actually aren't if I explain.

Sometimes challenging people allows you to see something real in them; it can even result in quality interaction.

At least you will stand up when it matters.