Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The ACR: Challenge One - North American Oddysey

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    He seems to be more empowered by electronic equipment. Maybe if we were travelling through Eastern Europe he'd be an assumed asset given his claimed affinity for Slavic peoples and culture, but right now you've offered nothing but empty bluster. Since this is a speculative challenge, concealing your hand is useless. You're going to need to bring details or it's just so much "blah blah" chest thumping.

We can't use electronics, but no one said anything about magic. Since we're allowed to bring anything we want in our backpack, I want two rings of teleportation, and lamp inhabited by a powerful and friendly (to me) djinn, and a bag of holding preloaded with bags of holding.

( @Sistamatic: this is what happens if you wait too long to post the poll.)
    Yes, it occurred to me a while ago that the time until poll was too long, and if I had not become a player to handle the odd number of volunteers, I'd have adjusted down as a neutral game runner. Next round will be shorter.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    IXTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    He seems to be more empowered by electronic equipment. Maybe if we were travelling through Eastern Europe he'd be an assumed asset given his claimed affinity for Slavic peoples and culture, but right now you've offered nothing but empty bluster. Since this is a speculative challenge, concealing your hand is useless. You're going to need to bring details or it's just so much "blah blah" chest thumping.
    I hate to toot my own horn, but with my mechanical prowess, engine building skills, and welding certifications coupled together with @LordLatch's immense handyman skills, military training, and Muscles there's nothing we couldn't accomplish. Give the necessary materials and parts we would have no issues building a Nuclear Reactor, or a space shuttle. We could even build what was thought to be impossible, the Turbo Encabulator

You shouldn't underestimate out ingenuity and our, "just get it done mentality". If we have to go to a junk yard in the dead of night and steal an engine and build a tunnel digging machine to burrow our way underneath the border, we'll accomplish it.