Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Associate your travel preferences with your MBTI preferences

Type
    INFP
    INFP = window seat. I'm willing to trip all over people when it's time to fulfill biological imperatives so long as I can look down on the world from an artificial vacuum.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    istj
    Roadtrip version. Not sure I'm compartmentalizing these properly. Maybe these aren't technically preferences. I prefer to be safe and minimize risk.

I: Set my ETA for housing at the end of checkin time to minimize small talk and mingling with classmates (we are all staying at the same housing provider).

S: Use past roadtrip experiences to fine tune this one; memorized primary and alternate routes for sake of familiarity (will have handwritten copies in case memory fails). Eat only McDonalds (lunch/dinner) or a croissant sandwich from BK (breakfast) because these are the only safe foods that are almost guaranteed to not cause stomach upset (can't risk having a tummyache while driving).

TJ: Bought and activated a throwaway phone on another network for a backup in case my primary cell fails or loses service.

Asked for a few adult diapers from my girlfriend's grandma so I don't have to stop (I've already tested Maxi pads as an alternative, but they don't hold the average CCs of urine I output). Backup plan: bring some of my daughter's diapers (tested previously and they're adequate) or ask my former coworker to pilfer a handful of Zorba strips from the deli for me (haven't personally tested, but they'll hold more than the adult or toddler diapers).

Found my spare key and attached it to my other key fob for the trip as it's more likely a criminal will hit the unlock button on my handle (with the spare in the car allowing it) versus me just carrying it and taking a gamble losing both keys while refilling gas (I won't risk losing while using bathroom as I will be using diapers). Extra precaution I just thought of: lanyard the keys to myself. Alternative plan: disable the handlebuttonpress with keyfob present unlock feature.

Bring passport in case social security card and DLIC are lost in transit. DLIC# is already memorized in the event it's lost and I get pulled over.

Set travel notification for bank; carry checks; pay inside of gas station (not at the pump) to avoid skimming devices; travel by day only for optimal visibility
    Last edited by roki; 02-14-2020 at 12:44 AM.
    flat tire ferarri