Thread: How do you like your bar?

Type
    XXXX

How do you like your bar?

My preference is a place that's dimly-lit and sparsly crowded with a bit of grime in the corner, a few saltys on the stools, and the music playing punk at medium blast to attract the seedier women. So, basically, the VFW. What say you?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I like old people's bars with decrepit waiters, wooden armchairs, curtains on the windows, and barely any clientele. No music, no TV, just the newspaper.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    They just sold my favourite to a developer for condos. It was kind of dimly lit with not overly loud music, old couches and coffee tables, fishtanks, pool table and a grouchy bartender who occasionally just threw everyone out into the back alley before closing for the hell of it.

Now I just drink at the legion. Don't tell my grandad. He'd roll in his grave.

Type
    INTP
    Quiet, not crowded, maybe with music playing at a low volume, with a wide variety of drinks ranging from the ultra-cheap beer to fancy cocktails. I think for me it's all about the selection. And by that I don't mean I always frequent the kinds of places with "250 beers on tap" -- beer does go bad after a while. The ideal place would have something like:

• 10-20 varieties of beer
    • 10-20 varieties of wine
    • 10-20 varieties of cocktail
    • Full liquor bar
    • And a small selection of other drinks e.g. sake, mead, icewine

Each carefully selected to be a representative example of a particular style.

Type
    INTP
    I like dimly lit places with nice furniture. Plush chairs with leather or velvet, nice decoration, that sort of thing. Of course, the drinks tend to be expensive, but I go to these rarely enough that it doesn't matter too much. Plus, the stuff they have is always memorable. Good scotch and classic cocktails made well. The best ones aren't advertised well - I remember I went to this place in Houston where you had to go through a poorly marked door, up a narrow staircase, and then around the corner even to get into the place. But their whiskey and bourbon collection was spectacular.

Type
    eNTP
    Mine's a pubhouse/pool hall owned&operated by a singer/songwriter and a published poet. They have weekly poetry readings and regular charity events (animal shelters, independent local literature publication, and so on). Most of the clientele is over 30. I can't drink anymore, but I'll still go there for a ginger beer.

Type
    INTP
    I like dive bars in seedy parts of town, interesting people go to them.

Type
    INTP
    Open.
    You're using big words right now that you don't know the meaning of and you're capitalizing them. You shouldn't do that. ~Osito

Sysop
    Type
    INTP