Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ACR: Challenge Two - A touch of divinity

Type
    XXXX
    I think it's obvious that the person with the longest beard would win this one, for he is the wisest in the eyes of the people and will recruit the largest following all other powers remaining equal. Therefore, that man being me (I'm assuming), we must surely win.
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Type
    IXTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers!* View Post
    I think it's obvious that the person with the longest beard would win this one, for he is the wisest in the eyes of the people and will recruit the largest following all other powers remaining equal. Therefore, that man being me (I'm assuming), we must surely win.
    I don't know, I've got Eastern European beard growing powers.

I could grow a beard like that.

Type
    INTP
    I think a white beard > a long beard...
    I only have a few white hairs in mine so far, though.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Better plan: I shall be the god of air and declare breathing an act of worship and proof that on some level, the breather believes in me. No need for a holy war at that point. Or dogma.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I will become the subject of scientific research and the scientific community will come to the consensus that more work is needed. News outlets, after skimming the abstract, will make thousands of grabby headlines like, "science proves no god." Scientists will argue with the headlines using language that is over the gen pops head. I will protest on every news outlet and in YouTube videos and on twitter that I am definitely not god and that I definitely should not be worshipped. I'll start a wildly popular video shorts series of snuff films called, "If I'm God, then why can't I ________?" the theme of which will be me taking hilarious pratfalls resulting in my own death in the course of attempting to accomplish everyday tasks.

I'll come out on my lawn and shake my fist at the news media circus to tell people to please stop worshipping me. If, at the end of each day, I have not been forced to use up my powers to escape mobs, I'll teleport to some hospital somewhere and heal a couple of people and teleport back home. I will not ever heal anyone anywhere near where I live. I would insist on living my life as normal at home, and when the books I already wrote start selling like crazy because of my fame, I'll use the money to build and move onto a more defensible property.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I will become the subject of scientific research and the scientific community will come to the consensus that more work is needed. News outlets, after skimming the abstract, will make thousands of grabby headlines like, "science proves no god." Scientists will argue with the headlines using language that is over the gen pops head. I will protest on every news outlet and in YouTube videos and on twitter that I am definitely not god and that I definitely should not be worshipped. I'll start a wildly popular video shorts series of snuff films called, "If I'm God, then why can't I ________?" the theme of which will be me taking hilarious pratfalls resulting in my own death in the course of attempting to accomplish everyday tasks.

I'll come out on my lawn and yell at the news media circus to tell people to please stop worshipping me. If, at the end of each day, I have not been forced to use up my powers to escape mobs, I'll teleport to some hospital somewhere and heal a couple of people and teleport back home. I will not ever heal anyone anywhere near where I live. I would insist on living my life as normal at home, and when the books I already wrote start selling like crazy because of my fame, I'll use the money to build and move onto a more defensible property.
    Not "the god". A god.

We've enough participants for a decent pantheon. Obviously you are taking up the role of the goddess of Atheism.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Not "the god". A god.

We've enough participants for a decent pantheon. Obviously you are taking up the role of the goddess of Atheism.
    The Goddess of Atheism!

Oh, we should all get together and form a band called the Gods of Atheism, Metalocalypse style.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle