BeyondUrLatestAdCampaigns ciphersort's Avatar
    Type
    iNtp
    Zago lives? well holy fucking shit...

Type
    INTP
    Holy shit!

I mean welcome back.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    INTP
    I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did teaching without having an aneurysm.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Super reactionary, yes. Sexually frustrated, sure. Chemistry teacher, no longer. I got tired of teaching little shitheads and quit mid-year. Then I didn't make a penny for 3 years and lived on my savings. I just hung out and read mostly. Then savings got a bit low and I looked on craigslist and found a job in high pressure gutter sales. It was fun for a year but the second year got boring and my numbers sagged. Now I quit that one and I'm doing some career counseling. Gonna take it a bit more seriously this time.
    did you quit day trading?
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Whenever I'm asked why I don't pursue a career in teaching, your story is one of the ones that flash through my head as I corral data while trying to work out exactly how to break reality to them.

Funny thing is, I rarely get that far in my explanation. It's pretty clear once I outline the pathway to being a teacher why a person would be reluctant to embark on that road.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Well, well.
    Welcome back.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    hey ghost of forum past
    Quote Originally Posted by ciphersort View Post
    Zago lives? well holy fucking shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Holy shit!

I mean welcome back.
    Hello, hello, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Hi, I remember you!

Do you still smoke salvia regularly?
    No, once they made it illegal I stopped buying it. If I could I would. It was easy, you could get some great quality standardized 20x extract and a few flakes of the stuff was enough to leave this world completely. I wouldn't mind doing that once in a while. Keeps things in perspective.

The last time I got really blasted on something was tianeptine a couple years ago. It's used by some as a gray-market anti-depressant. What's unique about it is that it acts on the opioid system. You can take small daily doses, or recreational doses. I wasn't depressed but I figured the happier the better so I bought some and took it daily but didn't find it very noticeable. Then I took a far larger dose and it laid me out for a good 16 hours. It was so magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did teaching without having an aneurysm.
    5 years. You didn't stick with it either?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    did you quit day trading?
    After a month or two I did. I think I did a little better than even but that is just not good enough and I knew it was pretty unstable. There was a 3d printing bubble in 2013 though and I timed it perfectly with DDD, XONE, and ONVO. Kinda lucky, kinda not. After all, I found out about it and put my money in it before it blew up, and had the good sense to pull out at the top. I was raving about bitcoin back in 2013 as well but I never got around to buying any. On one hand that's a bummer but I found that I just don't really like speculating because you're never sure how it will go and it's stressful even when your stocks are going up. Do you sell? Do you buy more? Bah. Buy and hold and not timing the market are my way now. Saving for retirement is it.

Type
    INTP
    I taught for ten years but I'm taking this year off to take care of my newborn. I'll be back.

Type
    INTP
    No.

Type
    INTP
    Teaching. Five years. Ten years. Just saying.

Nice rabbit. I'm assuming it's yours and that you're a man. I'm intuitive like that.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch