View Poll Results: Who would have won alien divinity?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • TeresaJ and Makers!*

0 0%
  • MarkovChain and Lordlatch

0 0%
  • Hephaestus and Polemarch

0 0%
  • Stigmatica and Revenant

0 0%
  • Robcore and Sistamatic

2 40.00%
  • Made it into a zero sum game by uniting under one deity and all get to keep their powers.

3 60.00%

Thread: The ACR: Challenge Two - A touch of divinity winners poll!

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

The ACR: Challenge Two - A touch of divinity winners poll!

Who would have hypothetically won the following scenario:

An alien race investigating our planet is fascinated with religion, but they do not understand, after centuries of study, how so many people can be swayed with so little evidence. They wonder what would happen if humans had empirical evidence of godlike powers. Would the humans abandon other religions in favor of these new "gods."

They wish to grant select humans with the following powers:

1. Unconditional immortality at an apparent age chosen by the human to be granted immortality. This immortality includes perpetual health. It also includes the ability to instantly resurrect from any death, including immolation (they are unwilling to share the details of this tech).
    2. The ability to perform 5 miracles per day from the following pool: cure someone of a disease; heal someone of all their injuries; walk on water; teleport to any place on Earth: glow very brightly; and levitate.

No technology exists on earth that can make these things seem like anything other than magic.

Due to a clerical error that they are aware of, but which, due to a quirk of their culture, they cannot admit to, they have determined that these five teams are most deserving of this opportunity.

Team 1 -- @TeresaJ and @Makers!*
    Team 2 -- @MarkovChain & @LordLatch
    Team 3 -- @Hephaestus & @Polemarch
    Team 4 -- @stigmatica & @Revenant
    Team 5 -- @Robcore & @Sistamatic

After a period of one year, the team with the most worshipers will get to keep their powers. The other four teams will be stripped of their powers and left to deal with the consequences of all they have done.

The players are aware that they have been granted these powers and of what they must do to keep them. Any attempt to mention the source of your powers will result in instant permanent death.

Decide which of the five teams would have the most worshipers after a year and convince the forum you are right.

You have 48 hours before polling begins.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I gave 48 hours for voting this time due to:
    few voters last time
    the fact that I had some stuff come up.

In the meantime, we can all entertain ourselves by conjecturing what the players would do with their powers if there was no competition required to keep them and no restrictions on mentioning their source.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle