Thread: Brain freeze

Damned
    Type
    INTP

Brain freeze

What are some of the stupid things you've done or thought. Not necessarily something that resulted in harm, just something that make you surprised that you could make such a mistake or not understand something.

I once cleaned an old mouse with a ball and I couldn't figure out where one of the springs went after I removed it. I looked at the structure of the molded plastic part where the springs are attached and it was pretty simple. There weren't that many possibilities for the spring and I knew it was weird that I couldn't figure it out. I lived with a non-clicking mouse wheel for several months, then I tried again and immediately figured it out. If it wasn't me who couldn't get it, I'd think the person is a total idiot. I wish I wrote down my thought process so I'd know where I went wrong once my brain thawed.

A minor incident today was a racist picture I read about where a girl posed with a banana peel and said she's part black. The two articles I read didn't explain and I was wondering whether black people are known to eat more bananas than other people. The I wondered if it was about Jamaicans, who have bananas (plantains or whatever) and other tropical fruit in their country. Fifteen minutes later I got the monkey connection, and I've heard blacks referred to as monkeys my more than one racist in the past.

There were incidents where it took me way too long to respond to something simple. I'm not generally like that but apparently there are times when I am. I think my brain is extra relaxed sometimes and I need a little warm-up when I'm in a social situation.

Damned
    Type
    INTP
    I circled Thursday, Feb 1 on the calendar, mandatory exterminator day (rules of my building) . I noticed it on Wednesday and thought the "t" on the calendar was Tuesday and I missed it (all I know for sure is that somehow I thought I missed it and that's my theory). Just now I realized that I didn't miss it on Tuesday and I could have been ready on Thursday. I may be fined over this.

Type
    iNtP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    A minor incident today was a racist picture I read about where a girl posed with a banana peel and said she's part black. The two articles I read didn't explain and I was wondering whether black people are known to eat more bananas than other people. The I wondered if it was about Jamaicans, who have bananas (plantains or whatever) and other tropical fruit in their country. Fifteen minutes later I got the monkey connection, and I've heard blacks referred to as monkeys my more than one racist in the past.
    This is a P thing, but look at it like this: would you rather see what SOMEONE ELSE wants you to see straight away?

On a productivity nonte: put more focus into planning your stuff (ie, rather than just circling a date on the cal maybe try a dedicated journal to keep important notes in. and lets face it, your shit is important, so why just spare 2.123 seconds circling something on a calander which you have shown to not recognize later on, and spend 4 mins sitting at a desk writing your important stuff in your dedicated journal in a way that a stranger in the future can understand it)
    Just look at the blue sky