Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What we see like

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Really? That's like... going to Canada.
    I'm not interested in going to cities.

With the exception of some old world cities. But only because that's where the museums are.

My favorite museum in my state is out in the boonies. They have stuff by Rodin. Fucking rad.

My favorite museum in Oregon is also out in the boonies. The Rock and Mineral place. Again, awesome.

But otherwise, I'd rather see the beauty of nature. I get far more pleasure from rock formations and scraggly trees clinging to life than I do from any bustling hive of scum and villainy.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    When you see it, you'll shit bricks

Spoiler: Pardon the mirth filter

Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Walking through the Black Country lanes earlier ... was watching some spot lights dance around the sky.

Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    iNtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Walking through the Black Country lanes earlier ... was watching some spot lights dance around the sky.
    thats pretty and i can see your spotlights in the distance shining in the clouds. what do you mean by black country lanes?

After emailing these pics from my iPhone i realised that the 'small' option is exactly what it says it is. since im not going thru the motions again just yet, for now you will have to just look closer

here you can see one of my fav places to visit. i love being surrounded by nature green stuff and this place has it all. ocean, soft green grass, trees.
    Spoiler: Click to see

on my way to work i had to stop for a train shifting grain and so snapped this for you to see
    Just look at the blue sky

Type
    iNtP
    This caught my eye today

Spoiler: Click to see how people in the upsidown dimension talk

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    From the Oregon coast:

Spoiler: hid

Portland:

Snowfall in New Jersey:

Type
    iNtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    Snowfall in New Jersey:
    ive only ever seen snow once, and it was a light fluttering that fell from the sky and melted before it could gather, so you can imagine how surreal your snowfall in new jersey pic appears to me.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    ive only ever seen snow once, and it was a light fluttering that fell from the sky and melted before it could gather, so you can imagine how surreal your snowfall in new jersey pic appears to me.
    I grew up in California, so I know the feeling. It was a a really great snow. It was falling maybe a degree above freezing, so it stuck extremely well which lets it pile up on branches and look so fluffy. It was the perfect "snowman" snow. You could even roll it up like a carpet.

Type
    iNtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    I grew up in California, so I know the feeling. It was a a really great snow. It was falling maybe a degree above freezing, so it stuck extremely well which lets it pile up on branches and look so fluffy. It was the perfect "snowman" snow. You could even roll it up like a carpet.
    i never would have even thought that snow could be rolled.

this is from after a flood. the lake had been dry for over twenty years and filled in just one day

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    thats pretty and i can see your spotlights in the distance shining in the clouds. what do you mean by black country lanes?
    The "Black Country" is how is locals refer to Birmingham's neighboring city, Dudley. Historically named so for being being the heart of Industrial Britain, often covered in coal, cloud and soot.. inspiration for Tolkien's Mordor, youknow.

Lane = Country B road.

.. you should use Imgur
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)