Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Arabs here ?

Type
    INTP
    People think I look ARABIC sometimes. But my Mtdna and Ydna are both from Western Europe. Thank you very much (in all of the truly western European Languages).

Damned
    Type
    INTP
    Love Train

"All of you brothers over in Africa
    Tell all the folks in Egypt, and Israel, too"

See.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Hey, Egypt is in Africa! It doesn't seem like it.

Also, curry is more than just a powdered spice. Would the other curry be in the canned vegetable section or condiments or what? I'd like to try it.

I got good at my United States puzzle when I was 10 but I never really got into international.
    Maybe get a map quiz game for your smartphone or something? Might be more effective than pop music.

Here's a decent curry explaining article. If you have an asian grocery in town, just go there and get some various ones.

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/what-is-curry

I've come to understand from reading the last couple of days that most of what white people call curry has it's own name in the place it comes from. The only things they have in common are that they are foreign, but not from the Americas, and spicy.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Garam Masala is a great dry mix for making lots of mild curries...

Oh, and my ancestry is Scottish/Slovak/German/Blackfoot...maybe a little Middle Eastern going waaay back...would have to ask my mom...she got the DNA analysis a while back. Not sure on dad's side.
    I know a lot of people here in Canada who think there's a massive conspiracy intent upon bringing Sharia Law into the mainstream, though. So, I know people who are incredibly prejudiced against Arabs/Muslims...not sure if that counts.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    xxxx
    Welcome. What are your thoughts on Mazhar Shahin's anal jihad?

Damned
    Type
    INTP
    This is what they had at my regular American supermarket. I avoided the ones that had chili paste or powder in the ingredients with no individual curry ingredients listed. I also avoided ones with a bunch of white rice. None had meat. I ended up getting Pataks concentrated curry paste - mild. I mixed in peanut oil and milk and had it with black rice. It still tasted spicy but it's OK.