Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you buy it?

Type
    intp
    I wouldn't read it. I wouldn't be your target demographic though: I've never really read an mbti book. I thought the basic descriptions were enough. Beyond that, I don't really care. I... sort of think there are more interesting things to spend time on.

Type
    xNxx
    Here's your marketing plan: print out like four hundred copies and then shuffle them all together into a big pile. Take a handful of the pages and stuff them into plastic grocery bags. Drive around to bus stations and fling one of the bags into people's faces and say "here's your fucking book" and then drive off.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Think of your target audience as your dinner guests and your writing as the dinner you are serving, and your punctuation and capitalization, your formatting and organization, etc. as silverware and chopsticks and napkins and plates and whatnot. Not strictly needed to get the food into their mouths, but it sure makes it less messy. People just won't read anything that takes much effort now. Punctuation-free is a non-starter for the same reason that anything written in the style of War and Peace is a non-starter now. People are lazy. That means they want you to make it easy for them, not for you. You can't afford bad reviews until you are established. When you are new, a few bad reviews will end you.
    And to stretch this metaphor further: if you see someone who reminds you of Pig Pen from Peanuts whose homemade lunch every day looks like warmed over shit left to get cold again is opening up a restaurant serving slightly off liver and butter bean gruel, are you gonna try it?

Spoiler: Answer Key
    I've seen nothing that shows the ability to write well, and the subject matter isn't something I'm interested in.

But don't let that stop you. I'm not your target audience.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    fuk da grammer poleece

pew pew
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle