• 65 - almost dead

0 0%
  • dead already so be fucking serious about this poll

3 10.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wanna know the average age of users here, please take the damn poll

Type
    INTP
    The age ranges are reasonable IMO. I think of this in an 'age of friends' way. For example, when 41 having a friend of 50 isn't that odd, nor is having a friend of 35. But at 21, having a friend who is 15 is weird, and having a friend of 30 is also unusual.

I've said before, I think people reach 'full adulthood' circa age 28. By that I mean, their personality is generally set, and they also usually know what they want out of life, at least in a general sense.

I tend to advise people not to get married or have kids before age 28. Nobody young listens to me, of course, but I tell'em anyways if the subject comes up.

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    @Senseye:
    Well I first went on a date / romantically held hands, etc, at the age of 29.

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    It would have been good if the poll wasn't anonymous.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    Ohhh interesting a lot of old relics
    That's why, even tho I fall into the 25/30 spectrum I don't care to act such, my behavior and proactive fight against authority in all its forms makes come across as 16, add the fact that I have a band. Add the fact that it is half ficticious.
    I get it. The presentation is not the best but I'm pure gold I know.
    Guess that makes this site a reliquary. Those are supposed to be good luck, ha.
    Consider this, though. I've been your age. You might not ever be my age. The cult of youth culture is ridiculous. The only way to truly rebel against aging is to die.

What is a half fictitious, you, your band, your behavior, or your fight against authority?

I have no delusions about my band, I know I'm good. And when we rehearsal in real life. We'll not as good as in home recordings but it can be possible.
    The eras are short until 30 because it is obvious how much different we are at 20 to when we are 26 for example, I remember I was smoking mariguana all day long doing nothing productive and partiying all night and now I am all the time at home drawing and making music
    I get that you have to maintain a facade of swagger to succeed in the fame business. Fake it til you make it and all. But I think you might be overdoing it some. There is a fine line between confident and pitiful. I genuinely find it hilarious to hear someone bragging with the grammar of a six year old. I think I'd have found it even more hilarious when I was 30.

I think you don't grow noticeably older mentally after you reached 30.
    I graduated from college at 29. Started grad school at 30. Married twice after the age of 30. At the age of 44 I quit my job as a college professor to become a novelist, now instead of teaching biology, I am traveling around as a guest at sci fi conventions and working on a second book.
    The last of my grandparents died in that era.
    My parents have become aging grandparents and are now on the end of the conveyer belt of life, and they need more of our attention now.
    My nieces and nephews are either adults or headed that way, and one of them is one of my best friends.
    My hair was not white at 30, and it is making significant strides in that direction now. I have a full on rogue streak from one of my temples.
    Arthritis is setting in. I was ten feet tall, blonde, hot, and bulletproof at 30. Now I don't get carded and I need reading glasses to see the menu, and people your age call me a relic...that also never ever happened when I was 30. And I don't see it as an insult either. It's more of a joke, and not at my expense. Because again, I have been your age, and I happen to know for a fact that if you survive as long as I have... well you'll see.

OK I should be sleeping, I stayed up all night to finish some stuff. Can't focus on grammar or making a point bye
    You know, if you are avoiding decent grammar because it is hard, that's not rebellion, that's an excuse.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    In the end, I just have to wonder where our 20-25 yo's are. Trying to carve their niche in an unfriendly world for survival and future security? Good for them. 20-25 is a shitty age. If it's not, you're probably going to find 26-death shitty.
    Perhaps the medium makes little sense to this age group. It's definitely internet 1.0 and I believe they're on 3.0 or so these days.

I'm not advocating changing anything by the way.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I'm almost as old as jyng1 and I don't need glasses and have almost no gray on my head. I'm considering light therapy or minoxidyl for my hair. 23andme gives me rave reviews. Or, they would if they gave reviews instead of reports. They should.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    Please can we not use 'wanna', it makes my eyes bleed. And no it isn't just because I am old (43), it was also annoying when I was younger.