View Poll Results: MY ERA (AGE WISE)

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20 - 25

    0 0%
  • 26 - 30

    5 17.86%
  • 31 - 40

    9 32.14%
  • 41 - 65

    11 39.29%
  • 65 - almost dead

    0 0%
  • dead already so be fucking serious about this poll

    3 10.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: wanna know the average age of users here, please take the damn poll

  1. #1
    Member PureViolence's Avatar
    Type
    ISFP
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    519

    wanna know the average age of users here, please take the damn poll

    paul, everyone to the votation center
    i believe this is why i feel so disconnected from everyone's thoughts here
    more than a issue related to personality type

  2. #2
    Very stable genius BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,852
    INTPx Award Winner
    Nah, you're trying to trick me. If I give you my average age you could double it and get my current age.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

  3. #3
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    12,418
    You feel disconnect so you're looking for which explanatory prejudice to adopt?
    He was old when I met him. I doubt that's changed with the passage of time.

    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

  4. #4
    Senior Member Starjots's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,086
    The age ranges are interesting, a five year span, a five year span, a ten year span and then a twenty-five year span...

  5. #5
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    12,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Starjots View Post
    The age ranges are interesting, a five year span, a five year span, a ten year span and then a twenty-five year span...
    Funny thing though--I find those age ranges seem very familiar:

    Late adolescence
    Young adult
    Adult
    Middle Aged
    Golden Years

    Seems like a fairly old pattern of sorting people and their expected "maturities".
    He was old when I met him. I doubt that's changed with the passage of time.

    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

  6. #6
    Homo siderius Sistamatic's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,176
    INTPx Award Winner
    When I was in my twenties I put everyone over 40 into one category too. I can laugh at that now. When you are 41, you won't suddenly become a member of your parents's generation. You'll still be a product of a different era. Interestingly, because your last age category contains on one end mostly computer literate and on the other end, mostly computer illiterate, the opposite ends of that category think more differently on average than any of your first three groupings. (exceptions apply obviously) The trope of old people who don't use computers is about to be a worn out one, as people born in the 70s and later are probably going to insist on a computer and high speed internet access in their assisted living homes, and will probably become a social media phenom in their own right when they start aging out of the work force.

    Are you looking for a forum where everyone thinks like you, or are you attempting to broaden your perspectives? Will you consider it a positive or a negative if few forum members are your age?
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

    I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

  7. #7
    Member Stigmata's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    589
    I don't know why it matters in relation to the poll but I PM'd you my full name, social security number, and all my bank accounts and their respective routing numbers. Please let me know if there's any other info you need to help you feel more connected.

  8. #8
    Member PureViolence's Avatar
    Type
    ISFP
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I don't know why it matters in relation to the poll but I PM'd you my full name, social security number, and all my bank accounts and their respective routing numbers. Please let me know if there's any other info you need to help you feel more connected.
    you hit the fucking jackpot
    this is the core meaning of a new song i'm working on

  9. #9
    Member PureViolence's Avatar
    Type
    ISFP
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    When I was in my twenties I put everyone over 40 into one category too. I can laugh at that now. When you are 41, you won't suddenly become a member of your parents's generation. You'll still be a product of a different era. Interestingly, because your last age category contains on one end mostly computer literate and on the other end, mostly computer illiterate, the opposite ends of that category think more differently on average than any of your first three groupings. (exceptions apply obviously) The trope of old people who don't use computers is about to be a worn out one, as people born in the 70s and later are probably going to insist on a computer and high speed internet access in their assisted living homes, and will probably become a social media phenom in their own right when they start aging out of the work force.

    Are you looking for a forum where everyone thinks like you, or are you attempting to broaden your perspectives? Will you consider it a positive or a negative if few forum members are your age?
    i'm already a phenomenon at my age, give me a few months when my band releases the radicalization and we will explode, demolish, stomp over, crush and all those verbs population in general

    i'm looking for something that makes me think and debate, i see no debate / fights here, just people talking about where they travelled and why they hate life
    i'm not blaming you users, i'm on my own not the best kind of person to start a debate but i like to listen and participate on them when there's already fire
    is this really intp crew? we need more interesting members, and dramatic shit happening
    ahh the good ol'drama

  10. #10
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    12,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    When I was in my twenties I put everyone over 40 into one category too. I can laugh at that now.
    Hah. Yeah. I remember having that conversation with my aunt when I was 20. She warned me that once I reached my 40's living past it would seem more tolerable. She was right. I was pretty sure she was, but didn't want to admit it at the time because... I'm human.

    I'm making that transition now. In my 20's the idea of being 40 was unbearable. I'm turning 40 next week and, yeah, there's an awful lot that sucks. Like chronic pain. The need to do PT exercises every goddam day if I want to be able to walk moderate distances. Lots of little adjustments that probably look crazy to people without my various infirmities. But on the other hand, two years ago I couldn't go grocery shopping without a cane and I could only take one pass through the store. If I missed something, there was no going back, I just didn't get it. Then I went home and chilled. By which I mean I sat in a chair and put an ice pack on my knee.

    I battle chronic depression and I still want to live to see 2056, just so I can write-in Dunkelzahn for president.

    On the plus side, all these scars mean I won't be one of those people who gets old with nothing to show for it but having lived a long time. I haven't lived half as much as I'd like to have.

    I don't want to return my body in good condition. I wan't to hand my body over to the dirt and have the dirt say, "Daaaaaaaaaayum dood. WTF?" And I'll say, "Little rough to start, but once you get going, it hurts like a son-of-bitch. Great ride though. Wouldn't trade it for any less. Do you have another? I know how they work now so I could do a lot more."

    I want Fortune to look at my body and say, "Well done. That was fun to watch."

    But before I get there, I want to become a Lion in Winter.
    He was old when I met him. I doubt that's changed with the passage of time.

    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Similar Threads

  1. INTx. Damn XD
    By Outbrust in forum MBTI & Typology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-29-2017, 04:40 PM
  2. America's low-skill workers want their damn jobs back! Wait...
    By Lurker in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 11-26-2016, 08:06 PM
  3. Anyone wanna get stupid drunk tonight?
    By Delilah in forum The Pub
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •