Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad smells

Type
    INTP

Bad smells

I only care about my Chinese take out's brown rice right now but I decided to make the thread more general. Any ideas on why their brown rice smells so bad? I noticed it last time, and the time before, but I finally decided it's too gross and I'm sticking with white rice for now on. Brown rice from the supermarket never has that smell. Neither does black rice. What ingredient makes that smell?
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

It's gone rancid you dip

Type
    xNxx
    Gutter oil

Type
    INTP
    I think it's just steamed with no oil. Anyway "The illegal oil shows no difference in appearance and indicators after refining and purification because the law breakers are skillful at coping with the established standards." I have a lot left over in the refrigerator and I'm researching possible spices that are known to be added. Maybe it's a preservative.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    IDK...I'm throwing it out.

Type
    INTP
    IDK...I'm keeping it for now. It's not as bad smelling cold.

Type
    INTx
    Can you enjoy eating something when it smells bad, albeit not as bad as earlier, and when there's reason to doubt whether it's safe to eat?

Seems like an easy call, unless you're in the Hanoi Hilton or Caracas. Throw it away.

Type
    INTP
    I had some for lunch. It smells fine with sesame sauce and there was never an issue with taste. It always smells the same from that place and they got an A rating again (they had a C at one point, then A, then "Rating Pending" and recently an A again). It's not a rice variety I ever bought at the supermarket. The grain is shorter. I don't know if I'll get it again though.

I mean soy sauce.
    Last edited by BarIII; 02-24-2018 at 04:17 AM.

Type
    INXj
    It has probably gone bad if it smells bad. Fresh brown rice won't have that smell at all.
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.

Type
    INXP
    LMAO.. funny shit.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'