Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    It may be toxic, but at we don't have British teeth
    Wut? Best in world you mean?

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Wut? Best in world you mean?
    Dude, have you ever been to Britain? Europe has many strengths, but dentistry, especially the cosmetic kind, isn't one of them.

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I use a special toothpaste that you can only get through a dentist or with special permission in a chemist. It has a lot of fluoride (5000 ppm). It says to spit it out at the end though not to wash your mouth out.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Dude, have you ever been to Britain? Europe has many strengths, but dentistry, especially the cosmetic kind, isn't one of them.

Dude, have you ever responded to an OECD study with anything but an anecdote... (and yes I have been to Britain, my ex was English).

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Dude, have you ever responded to an OECD study with anything but an anecdote... (and yes I have been to Britain, my ex was English).
    Dude, have you heard of this thing, I think it's called "humour"?

Dude, have you heard of this thing, I think it's called "living abroad for a couple of years resulting in experience surpassing anecdotal evidence"?

And duuude, have you ever considered that your precious studies might be biased? In the matter at hand, Britain is ranked in the same prime spot as Germany... which doesn't fluoridate its drinking water.

Finally, I happen know two people who work for the OECD... and they aren't exactly beacons of competence, let alone actual thought.

Type
    intp
    Dude, have you heard of this thing, I think it's called "humour"?

Dude, have you heard of this thing, I think it's called "living abroad for a couple of years resulting in experience surpassing anecdotal evidence"?
    Austrian humour? No never heard of it.

Are you the only one who's lived overseas for a couple of years? My memory must be failing me... While I was living overseas for several years I don't recollect looking at every passerby's mouth.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    No never heard of it.
    Coming from a New Zealander, that's hardly surprising.

Are you the only one who's lived overseas for a couple of years? My memory must be failing me... While I was living overseas for several years I don't recollect looking at every passerby's mouth.
    My apologies. I tend to forget that most people are too busy with themselves to notice such things.

Type
    intp
    Coming from a New Zealander, that's hardly surprising.
    Well that had me rolling on the floor... You Austrians, you're so funny

My apologies. I tend to forget that most people are too busy with themselves to notice such things.
    You mean you lived in a city of 4 million people for several years and you looked in everyone's mouth? You do have interesting pastimes.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Well that had me rolling on the floor... You Austrians, you're so funny
    Thanks, I get that a lot.

You mean you lived in a city of 4 million people for several years and you looked in everyone's mouth? You do have interesting pastimes.
    I've lived all over Britain for several years and in a couple of other countries also, so I think I've got a good sample...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I always use kiddy toothpaste if its in front of me - I avoid fluoride as much as my lazy ass can.
    I don't have any issues with decay, staining is my big worrywart.

In the US they specially promote fluoride (and fluoride mouth rinse) to children.

Some argue that avoiding fluoride is far better for teeth health; that fluoride stuns the healthy regrowth of the teeth (that teeth basically heal and regrows enamel much like growing fingernails or skin.) I've actually brushed less and have pretty much drank non-fluoridated water for several years now (using a RO filter and reconstituting using mineral concentrate as otherwise you can create greater health concerns by not getting minerals in diet.) Flossing and avoiding plaque (and eating certain foods will brush the teeth without needing a toothbrush.) Decay mostly comes from certain kinds of foods that get lodged in between the teeth, and due to poor hygiene (in addition to overall health.)