Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ze Germans

Type
    INxP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    ... I herd them all speaking in Deutsch.
    There's a 21.7% chance those weren't Germans though!!

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    Jah! What other language would one speak when decked out in biker inspired bondage leathers?

Some of my internalized kink-language stereotypes:

Biker BDSM, and anything involving riding crops or jackboots: Deutsch
    Latex bodysuit: Russian
    Maid outfit: French
    Nurse outfit: Northern Europe
    Office clothing: Received Pronounciation British English
    Catgirl: any opportunity to include a "meow", "nyeow", or "rawr" must be taken, meowkay? It get's annyeowing quickly so one meowt want to get to the rawr in the hay as soon as purrractical.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Do ze Germans have a device to reach through the screen of a fan and dust the blades? I could use one.
    Keep the fan running 24/7. Problem solved!
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    I thought those were for making it so kids couldn't stick things in outlets. My in-laws put them all through my house when we first had kids...and they put in child-proof latches on all my cupboards and drawers...so annoying. They were trying to be nice....but their version of nice is probably like a love song written in German...the intent may be pure, but the execution lacks a certain something.
    Oh yes, these safety plugs exist here, too. But the STECKEL isn't for safety (even though it claims to be) – it's just a piece of plastic lying loosely in the socket and thus purely cosmetic. That said, continental European sockets are an obnoxious eyesore, and admittedly the plain white version of the STECKEL hides them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    LOL. I have no idea. The thought of checking never occurred to me. Risky to stick something in there to check.

I can't say I have ever plugged something into a rarely used socket and after unplugging thought: "My goodness, look at the dust and grease on those prongs!" *

*Disclaimer: the horribly messy INTP stereotype fits me to a T so I am not like to notice anyways. But I really don't think it's an issue.
    Yeah, I get that. I'm compulsively neat but cleaning the insides of outlet strips has never once occurred to me. Let alone cleaning an outlet strip that's behind some piece of furniture. It just doesn't seem like a good way to spend one's limited life time.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Do ze Germans have a device to reach through the screen of a fan and dust the blades? I could use one.
    As far as I'm aware, fans are standardised in Germany and they all come with grates that can be opened (as Heph suggests).

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    A few years back a buddy of mine and I were doing our annual road trip "out West." In Bryce Canyon (Utah) we happened across a posse of retirees, men and women mix, all on Harley tour bikes. This in of itself wouldn't have been entirely odd except for the fact that they were all wearing head to toe biker leathers, or what some thought was biker leathers (specifically more the women) but looked far closer like bondage fetish gear. Definitely not your typical kit. Needless to say, we HAD TO KNOW what this was and as we approached I herd them all speaking in Deutsch.

My only thought was, "makes sense."
    Wait, bikers don't wear leather in the States??

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    A couple of weeks ago I bought a hole punch which came with this informative leaflet:

Because not only do ze Germans manufacture office supplies like staplers (in tasteful hues such as bile green, pictured), they make them so that you can use them without looking!!!!11

...so, in other words, like any other stapler? "Oh nein, zis one is safer to use!"

Next thing they're going to tell you you're not supposed to throw them at people. But perhaps human outbursts of rage do not occur in the realms of perfectly Aryan women.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I bought a hole punch which came with this informative leaflet:
    Instructions unclear: stapled self to cat and punched hole through arm.

Type
    INXP
    But perhaps human outbursts of rage do not occur in the realms of perfectly Aryan women.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    True enough, however I'll go with my odds though that they were indeed German. It makes for a better story!

Wait, bikers don't wear leather in the States??
    They do, but there is an obvious difference between the kind of leathers a biker wears in the US and BDSM. At least two of the women were wearing thigh high leather boots with laces up the back. All of them were wearing (faux)leather pants with heavy buckles, including the men. That was just the start of it, some fishnet was involved with the women as well.

Your average "biker look" here is pretty unisex and definitely casual; jeans, riding boots, a leather jacket (or vest if you're hardcore/it's summer and a short ride) and maybe chaps half the time for real enthusiasts. As for the chaps, we're talking a biker variation of the utilitarian chaps one wears riding a horse. Think "cowboy."

I can't understate the 55 year old dominatrixes and their gimps surreal vibe these people were tossing... In the middle of backcountry Utah, while speaking German and taking pictures like any tourist would.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    One thing that used to bug me with ze Germans at ze German bank I once worked at (apart from referring to their cell phones as meine handy) was that many would write the number seven like a caret: ^
    NEIN!

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    One thing that used to bug me with ze Germans at ze German bank I once worked at (apart from referring to their cell phones as meine handy) was that many would write the number seven like a caret: ^
    NEIN!
    What! I thought that was an American thing. "7" is generally written like this in Germany, IIRC:

As for meine Handy, that's just a classic by now.