Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just got a bunch of camera gear

Type
    INTP
    Is the opaque disc removable by any chance? Your ring photo does not really look like the step up ring unless that disk is covering something.

Also, you notice how the objects on the cushion in the background are in focus, and the ring is not? You're gonna want to fix that as you embark on your photography journey.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by lbloom View Post
    Can you see a very bright light source through it? Light pollution filters for astrophotography in urban areas look like that.
    https://oneminuteastronomer.com/111/...ution-filters/

The 58/67 part -- are you sure there isn't a hollow step ring screwed on to that side?

Could also be a neutral density filter, although those are usually just non-shiny gray.
    You might be onto something, I just held it up to a light bulb and could very faintly see the filaments. It may have been used for the solar eclipse come to think of it.

I wanted to try to take pictures of the sunset tonight, but clouds got in the way, so I took photos of our turtles instead with my macro lens. For some reason, in manual mode, the camera was taking a while to actually "snap" and take the photo, which was resulting in very blurry photos. It wasn't doing that outside earlier. Oddly it stopped happening when I turned the camera into auto mode but left the lens in manual mode.

Spoiler: Tortugas

Type
    intp
    Today I went on a hike and got a lot of disappointing, grainy, colorless photos. I'm getting much better results with my Galexy S6 than I am with this camera in most cases so far unfortunately. One big mistake I made was by using a UV filter almost the whole time since there was snow everywhere and I thought it'd help balance out the brightness from the snow, but it just washed out all the colors. Example with filter and without

Spoiler: With filter

Spoiler: Without

I do like the quality of close photos though

Spoiler: Close up

I found a local camera shop that offers classes as per @Hephaestus' suggestion so plan on going to one of those. Hopefully that'll put me on the right track.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    ooo this sounds fun. i have a canon EOS rebel SL1 w/ a bunch of extra equipment that i got as a bundle a few years back and i'd like to play with this stuff once i have the time. can i post in here too?????? i'm still pretty much a photo n00b. i don't think i'll have a lot of time though lul like once i'm on break i might just play a lot of sims or whatev.

the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    ooo this sounds fun. i have a canon EOS rebel SL1 w/ a bunch of extra equipment that i got as a bundle a few years back and i'd like to play with this stuff once i have the time. can i post in here too?????? i'm still pretty much a photo n00b. i don't think i'll have a lot of time though lul like once i'm on break i might just play a lot of sims or whatev.

Definitely, the more the merrier!

Type
    intp
    Some photos of the local wildlife here:

Spoiler: animals

The owls are in a tree around where I work. Apparently they're only about 3 weeks old, I think the one on the left is older than the one on the right.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Beautiful photos. Is the first a gopher?

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    Beautiful photos. Is the first a gopher?
    Thanks! I think it's a groundhog.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    Thanks! I think it's a groundhog.
    Do you think you'll see that groundhog again? Ze would make a dope INTPcomplex mascot.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    Do you think you'll see that groundhog again? Ze would make a dope INTPcomplex mascot.
    Lol well there were more than one so not sure if I'd recognize it