Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I just got a bunch of camera gear

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    I think you're in my area. You should be able to see mars. I just took this photo:

I live in Denver now, but same hemisphere so yeah. How'd you manage to get so much of it?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    I live in Denver now, but same hemisphere so yeah. How'd you manage to get so much of it?
    IDK but I used 16x optical zoom. It took about six photos before I got one that was round instead of a smear. I used a monopod. It kept changing size on the screen but I thought I had digital zoom off. I better recheck that. I figure my desktop tools do zoom better.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Not as clear as I'd have liked it to be, but here's a photo of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains behind the Great Sand Dunes National Park:

Since I was in such a remote area, I also tried to take a picture of the stars. I set it to "bulb" and took 30 seconds of exposure, but not a single star appeared. Just black. Maybe I fucked something up, but it would be nice to have a better camera. Maybe one day if I become rich and can afford thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    Since I was in such a remote area, I also tried to take a picture of the stars. I set it to "bulb" and took 30 seconds of exposure, but not a single star appeared. Just black. Maybe I fucked something up, but it would be nice to have a better camera. Maybe one day if I become rich and can afford thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment.
    Star photos should be doable with your camera. Try bumping up the ISO and opening up the aperture.