Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's really going on in the world

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    No, you'd need to back up your political ideology with your vote, and encourage others to vote or act likewise in order to instigate change.

I go to YouTube to pick up facts purposely neglected by the mainstream media in order to inform myself and to develop my ideology.

... I must say, I'm getting quite bored of repeating really simple logic.
    My problem is that usually you can tell the people who made the videos have a mental illness, which makes me sceptical of what they say. I tend to read books instead.

And it's illegal to not vote here.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by scarydoor View Post
    My problem is that usually you can tell the people who made the videos have a mental illness, which makes me sceptical of what they say. I tend to read books instead.

Yea, I'd say 95% of the media on YouTube is trash - and controlled disinformation.

I go there to listen to the other 5%.

Reading is good. Nobody is telling you that YouTube is the best for anything. It's just an alternative platform.

I only give YouTube another 12-24 months before another platform makes an appearance.

YouTube is no longer a reliable platform for anyone who wants to question the state.

Channels & Networks are being shut down at a rabid rate, and replaced with state sanctioned propaganda outlets.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    I am actually, seriously considering emigrating to Russia, I can't stand living in this western idiocracy, there's just no talking sense into those who have been hypnotised by the mainstream media.
    I'm sure Russian state controlled media will give you all the straight dope.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    I'm sure Russian state controlled media will give you all the straight dope.
    Produce the goods instead of rhetoric, and I might think your opinion is worthwhile.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

Type
    INtP
    Conspiracy theories often seem crazy because they lack supportive evidence. Well, that's why we need The Washington Post here in the U.S.! And that's why those who urge you not to trust certain media sources are obviously frightened. This is obvious, but people never cease to shock me.

I believe conservatives want the dirt poor to die off. Their policies reflect that, and I also think city planning reflects it, etc. I have no way to prove this.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Conspiracy theories often seem crazy because they lack supportive evidence. Well, that's why we need The Washington Post here in the U.S.! And that's why those who urge you not to trust certain media sources are obviously frightened. This is obvious, but people never cease to shock me.

I believe conservatives want the dirt poor to die off. Their policies reflect that, and I also think city planning reflects it, etc. I have no way to prove this.
    You could attempt to prove or disprove it by looking at the stats.

Over here our statistics tell a clear story of systematic abuse of our poorest and most vulnerable by the Tory party. Their austerity measures have hit the disabled and mentally ill the hardest, and deaths relating to state negligence have increased dramatically, these effects are the direct result of policy changes - Not a conspiracy theory, but conspiracy fact. The United Nations have condemned them for human rights abuses, but as they mostly police themselves, not much can be done until the opposition (Corbyn) take up the role of Government.
    Last edited by Sinny; 03-17-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Type
    INtP
    You could attempt to prove or disprove it by looking at the stats.

Over here our statistics tell a clear story of systematic abuse of our poorest and most vulnerable by the Tory party. Their austerity measures have hit the disabled and mentally ill the hardest, and deaths relating to state negligence have increased dramatically, these effects are the direct result of policy changes - Not a conspiracy theory, but conspiracy fact. The United Nations have condemned them for human rights abuses, but as they mostly police themselves, not much can be done until the opposition (Corbyn) take up the role of Government.
    Sounds like we care about the same issues.

I think it's idealistic to think I can change anything on a large scale; but, I can help and fight for individuals in my life.

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by scarydoor View Post

James Corbett is a well respected journalist who is interviewed on platforms around the world and gives talks all around the world. he does not have a 'mental illness'

The people he speaks about on the video on the other hand most definately are sick on a very deep level. They are high on the psychopathy scale

Here is James doing a TED talk

His two documentaries i posted in the OP are brilliant work by a guy who has dedicated himself to pursuing the truth

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Caught the news headlines a little earlier apparently Theresa May is "forming an international coalition against Russia"

Can you hear the drums of war?

Time to pull our heads out of our arses and stop our maniacal leaders before they take us into all out nuclear war.
    when do you think war will start?, but like really physically, bombs and death

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    when do you think war will start?, but like really physically, bombs and death
    I'm hoping that can be avoided - through some sort of revolution in the west - but failing that - 6- 20 years.

All these proxy wars will eventually amount to - what? who knows.

The Middled East has already been under constant siege since 2001 - that's 17 years.
    They can't keep dragging these out indefinitely, something will give - and what happens to Europe is still also a huge unknown.
    And what becomes of Putin's Russia is also unknown.