Thread: John Elder Robinson, successful ass berger

Type
    INTP

John Elder Robinson, successful ass berger

His is an interesting story, he didn't know he was aspie until he was 40.

http://www.johnrobison.com/

He owns a car repair and leasing company

http://www.robisonservice.com/about.asp

He designed some of KISS's special effects back in the day

http://jerobison.blogspot.com/2007/1...f-my-kiss.html

Type
    XXXX
    I read his books, found them to be quite entertaining, at times totally hilarious and gripping. They convinced me that aspie's are in no way disabled (I had slight doubts before), they just have different cognitive advantages and disadvantages than the rest of us. There also might be good tips on socializing in his books for you INTPtards.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    here also might be good tips on socializing in his books for you INTPtards.
    True INTPs don't need tips on social skills because they don't need validation from outside sources or friends. Trying to do things with other people or expressing interests in things in the interest of sharing them with others, is for losers.

I gotta go write my Dragonriders of Pern fan-fiction...
    Last edited by msg_v2; 01-23-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Type
    INTP
    A few years ago I realized I am a little aspie myself, the only real problem I have now is in dealing with new people face to face, not shy just socially clumsy. I have an older picture of myself that is a great example of how I appeared to others who didn't know me. My face is blank and empty like no one is home. I am less like that now but still there is not a big connection between the brain and the exterior, if I had a dollar for every time someone told me to smile when I actually felt happy.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Problems View Post
    if I had a dollar for every time someone told me to smile when I actually felt happy.
    You and me both--though I've found that as people get to know me, they come to recognize that I am smiling. It's just that I smile with my eyes and eyebrows much more than my lips. I learned in one of my early jobs to smile more deliberately and show people what they expect--it's my 'public' face.

On the other hand... There's a certain level of happiness where I can't help grinning in what to me feels like a copiously decadent display of euphoric ecstasy. But I'm pretty sure it's still mostly in my eyes because they feel like they're blazing from the inside out. It's slightly annoying because smiling broadly makes speaking more difficult.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    It's just that I smile with my eyes and eyebrows much more than my lips.
    I do this as well. I was always bewildered when people would try to get me to 'smile' for a photo when I was smiling.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    I do this as well. I was always bewildered when people would try to get me to 'smile' for a photo when I was smiling.
    I've gone for a smirk, not a smile. And yes, I am very absent-minded, and tend not to make good first impressions, because I am self-conscious about that.