Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Jordan Peterson

Type
    INTP
    Peterson doesn't understand shit.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    ISTP
    Peterson is meh, seems like a decent psychologist/therapist. Gives practical advice for people who never learned how to be responsible or "self reliant" while also making them feel smarter.

His fanboys on the other hand make me understand the urge to commit genocide

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    When Jordan Peterson did an AMA on reddit, Slavoj Zizek challenged him to a debate.

Peterson didn't reply.
    Damn it, I would probably watch that.

Not because I like Zizek either but that does sound entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    He understands through his depth of knowledge of the past that identity politics is a tactic used by marxists to divide society

if you look around you at the moment everyone is turning against each other. Why? Because of IDENTITY POLITICS

So the question is 'qui bono'? Who benefits from causing those kinds of divisions and rifts in society?

People who want society to fail, that's who. They want it to fail so that they can push their vision for society but where their vision leads is to a technocratic, centralised, police state

I think in his view, the problem (human nature) is more fundamental than that. Identity politics is just one very obvious manifestation of it, but you can also find it in religious extremism, corporate greed and just about any humanitarian crisis at all going back to 7,000BC. People who think he's on a specific crusade against "the left" have completely missed the point or are spending too much time in echo chambers.