Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Peterson

Type
    INTx
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post

He also appeals to young, insecure males as a sort of father figure.
    Honestly I couldn't agree more...
    [after editing this post]
    Last edited by noip; 04-04-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Type
    XXXX

Peter Jordanson and Ham Sarris

Type
    INTP
    He is getting rich saying what a lot of males want to hear - political correctness is ridiculous.

His core idea that trying to create a world that is fair and equal inevitably leads to oppressive totalitarianism is spot on and is worth reflecting on.
    Big change is coming

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    He is getting rich saying what a lot of males want to hear - political correctness is ridiculous.

His core idea that trying to create a world that is fair and equal inevitably leads to oppressive totalitarianism is spot on and is worth reflecting on.
    I was a bit surprised by this (though I did notice he was fairly busy)

Considering that popular people posting random junk on Twitter/Instagram/etc make about half a million per post, I suppose he might be more deserving of being successful, however I can't but help think he seems very different from just a few years ago when he started uploading on Youtube (which incidentally he seems to not be making money from directly, despite being exceedingly popular--not normally do you find post after post specifically referring to the video in which the topic is about alongside it--and having the potential to make a lot from it, if he isn't already.) Edit: He might actually be making money from ad revenue on Youtube, however since I always use an ad blocker I never notice it, though I'm not seeing any figures on it. I still find it perplexing he needs Patreon support. . .

Although I tend to despise how capitalism works, I prefer that people like Jordan Peterson benefit more than not.
    Last edited by Catoptric; 04-07-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Maybe I could emulate him and also become very rich by saying stuff that one group of people want to hear while managing to be offensive to the PC brigade. The key to success in publishing / public speaking is to first make a name for oneself. I could travel to Canada, say something anti-PC to get arrested then use the notoriety to launch my career. Jordan Peterson seems to have the male audience well covered. Perhaps I could pitch an anti-feminist message to females.

I am being oppressed by angry feminists. Come on ladies, support me on patreon.
    Big change is coming

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    ....and also become very rich by saying stuff that one group of people want to hear while managing to be offensive to the PC brigade.
    Well, if not rich, at least President of the United States.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    Well, if not rich, at least President of the United States.
    Telling a group of people what they want to hear or speaking to their fears definitely gets politicians elected.

Seriously though, if I ever did become a public figure I would not seek to profit from it because my motivation is to help people by speaking truth. Profiting from speaking and writing would make me lose credibility and corrupt me.
    Big change is coming

Type
    INTJ
    Solid Correction to Jordan Peterson mis-stepping on MGOTW issues.

Type
    INTP
    Why is Jordan Peterson controversial?

Peterson's core positions are an objection to enforced speech and the idea that males should step up so he is therefore offensive to people who want enforced speech and think that males should step down rather than step up. However, I think it goes deeper than that. I believe that the powers that be are pushing for enforced speech and men to step down, so advocating contrary positions is a threat to their plans. This is causing them to manufacture outrage in an effort to neutralize the threat and continue to advance their plans.
    Big change is coming

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Animals View Post
    I think we’re actually reaching a point where the internet is making it nigh-impossible to take mundane phrases like “facts and logic” seriously anymore.

Any time I see something with a title including these words lately, my immediate instinctive reaction is to roll my eyes at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.