Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weak mind diseases

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Reading the list of mental disorders, Iíve flirted with most of them...

I donít think I could get PTSD very easily.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    But the idea of coating my lungs with soot and the suffering of lung disease...

...and there are psychiatrists and medication to handle those things.
    No, there is only pot

Anyway for all this talk about lung disease, I'm yet to see it in action. I've only ever known two people to have lung disease (COPD), both are OAPs and only one died - which was actually due to complications with mental health, alcoholism, self abuse and toxic mixture of prescriptions drugs for the mental health.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    No, there is only pot

Anyway for all this talk about lung disease, I'm yet to see it in action. I've only ever known two people to have lung disease (COPD), both are OAPs and only one died - which was actually due to complications with mental health, alcoholism, self abuse and toxic mixture of prescriptions drugs for the mental health.

Really? There was a 50 year woman (smoker with COPD) who retired at work a couple of weeks ago because she could no longer walk to her office. I've been working there for about 8 years and around ten people have died; most were smokers.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Really? There was a 50 year woman (smoker with COPD) who retired at work a couple of weeks ago because she could no longer walk to her office. I've been working there for about 8 years and around ten people have died; most were smokers.
    Really.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Really.

Perhaps you don't see them because they're fucked. Like the grossly obese they can't even get out of the house.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    What can befall one can befall another. No matter how strong your will is right now, a rock to the head can change that. Or a TIA. To say nothing of prions. And meningitis. Or lightning. Or carbon monoxide. Or a bad flu. Or cancer. Or unimaginable stress leading to a psychotic break. Or aging.

I'm not immune. I'm merely averse.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    What can befall one can befall another. No matter how strong your will is right now, a rock to the head can change that. Or a TIA. To say nothing of prions. And meningitis. Or lightning. Or carbon monoxide. Or a bad flu. Or cancer. Or unimaginable stress leading to a psychotic break. Or aging.

I'm not immune. I'm merely averse.
    Or even an inexplicable change of mental state, as it turns out.