Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weak mind diseases

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i can't do bulimia or any sort of overeating.

anorexia happened accidentally for me in my teens. half of it was being horrified with my body changes during puberty and the other half was an honest effort to start eating better and exercising. it turns out that calorie restriction and exercise is addictive for my brain, so i quickly lost weight and didn't realize anything was wrong til i stopped getting my period, but by that time i was so mentally unhealthy that the only way i could physically recover was by adopting a new expression for that particular sort of mental illness (?)— i had to convince myself that my body type was ugly, and aspire to a curvier body type that rationally i knew i would never have. luckily there's no shortage of fucked up messaging you can adopt as a young girl if you want to make changes.

my cardio routine though was pretty good, if you're eating healthy. i'd run on the treadmill til i wanted to drop dead, but instead of dropping dead i'd just drop myself into the pool and go swimming.

i wouldn't call it willpower really. it was more like compulsion/obsession. the weirdest psychological part was the obsession with food.

part of recovery was the fact that the interest in food had pretty much run its course. that part was like a phase i grew out of.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    I don't think OCD or OCPD are bullshit disorders, but I do think a lot of unaffected people diagnose themselves with either to feel cool, be a special snowflake, or have an excuse to be an asshole. Same with other conditions.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blorg View Post
    Couldn't even finish the Dunkin Donuts donut I ordered during my US vacation.
    Alternate hypothesis: it ain't the sugar, donuts are gross.

Eating a donut gives me a headache within moments, followed by several hours of feeling disgusting and in need of a long hot shower. It's like having a mild charlie horse over my entire body, and feeling slightly greasy just under my skin. It's not as bad as how Cheetos make me feel, which is restless with a fever and the distinct impression I'm fending off a poison attacking every cell of my body, but also less worth the risk. I sometimes eat Cheetos. I refuse donuts to the bafflement of every group of donut eaters I've ever worked with on donut day.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post

Eating a donut gives me a headache within moments, followed by several hours of feeling disgusting and in need of a long hot shower. It's like having a mild charlie horse over my entire body, and feeling slightly greasy just under my skin. It's not as bad as how Cheetos make me feel, which is restless with a fever and the distinct impression I'm fending off a poison attacking every cell of my body, but also less worth the risk. I sometimes eat Cheetos. I refuse donuts to the bafflement of every group of donut eaters I've ever worked with on donut day.
    Hmmmm, do they have what consumers of donuts would call "good donuts" where you are? Dunkin' is terrible.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekton View Post
    Hmmmm, do they have what consumers of donuts would call "good donuts" where you are? Dunkin' is terrible.
    We don't have Dunkin. I am not a connoisseur of donuts. I don't think trying to find one that doesn't make me ill is going to be a much of a payoff.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

Type
    INTJ
    We don't have Dunkin. I am not a connoisseur of donuts. I don't think trying to find one that doesn't make me ill is going to be a much of a payoff.
    Said the man who's never had a good donut.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekton View Post
    Said the man who's never had a good donut.
    I've had excellent pie.

Type
    INTJ
    I've had excellent pie.
    Mmmm. Pie.

Type
    INTP
    Krispy Kreme doughnuts, for the record, are the highest standard of deliciousness for doughnuts. I know people who have driven across provinces with them, and sold the day-olds for $5 a piece. Not saying whether I paid this amount or not.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INFP

OK it's time for me to confess now that I just love Cheetos (the ultra-spicy ones). I get a poisoned feeling too, but it's a good kind of poisoned feeling.

We don't have them here, which is a tragedy. They were my childhood. I bartered for them with food that was objectively far more valuable (a whole go-gurt for one red cheeto. Worth it.)

So perhaps I could become obese after all, if I had access to red cheetos. Damn, there goes my attempt at political incorrectness.