Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sauerkraut

Type
    INTP

sauerkraut

I recently bought a couple of cans. The ones in cans have no preservatives. When I ran out of franks I started eating it as a side dish with chicken. I kind of like the texture.

I used to buy salsa.

Horseradish. Nothing to say about horseradish.

This is really about condiments but I like the title "sauerkraut."

Thanks
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INtP
    Horseradish tastes like how nail polish remover smells.

No bueno.

Type
    INTP
    That's it, that's who you remind me of... My eldest (living) uncle on my Irish side, gay - so accustomed to be ostracised...

Talks far too much, and you can barely catch a word of it the way his accent sings.. with whistles n woots.

His home is full of started and unfinished jobs (always a work in progress, never an end product).. lots of trinkets, books and bits around.. oh the talking, it's just never subsides.. "did I ever tell you about this, and did you ever know that".. usually about food stuffs or trinkets nobody is actually interested in
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

I bet you smell like sauerkraut

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    There's a world of difference between fresh sauerktaut and the shit that comes in jars or bags. I basically refuse to eat it unless it's been recently prepared, in which case I love it.

Horseradish is good too, sometimes I put it on sandwiches. I had it with a prime rib before and that was tasty as well.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    There's a world of difference between fresh sauerktaut and the shit that comes in jars or bags. I basically refuse to eat it unless it's been recently prepared, in which case I love it.

Horseradish is good too, sometimes I put it on sandwiches. I had it with a prime rib before and that was tasty as well.
    Horseradish is great with hot roast beef and diced cherry peppers on good Italian bread.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Horseradish is great with hot roast beef and diced cherry peppers on good Italian bread.
    I've been experimenting with both cooking roasts and baking bread, might try this out. If I do it on a Sunday I think that gives me points towards a UK citizenship too

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    i love sauerkraut. captain cook snuck it into the stews to help prevent scurvy as it was difficult to get enough citrus or bottled lemon juice at the time. i like it in just about anyway. i mix it with brown sugar, chopped skinned apples, a little thyme, then put a layer of it underneath some seared seasoned chicken thighs on the bottom of a pyrex casserole dish. then goes in stuffing on top about halfway through the cooking. i like sauerkraut on beef franks with a strip of mustard. i will eat it alone from a can, a jar, a bag, shit, i'll eat it off someone's belly like a body shot.

Type
    INXj
    Sour crotch.

Now, that’s a better title.
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I thought sauerkraut tasted like puke until I tried Viennese sauerkraut. Then I realized I was just eating the wrong kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.