Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alfie Evans

Type
    INTP
    This case has actually failed to stir my emotions.

I assume it's only being blown up so much in the media because it serves some agenda, call me paranoid.

But some agenda like:

Single payer health care denies child care

Alfie Evans- State Overreach

Nothing but a right wing agenda to besmirch and dismantle the NHS.. and if it looks like a liberal agenda, that's because the Tories are Neo Liberal, but still racist and xenophobic as fuck.
    Last edited by Sinny; 05-02-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    I don't disagree with Sinny.

Making the decision to pull life support is one thing. After that... Regardless of what's best for the kid, it's in the best interest of the NHS to *not* appear like at evil dictator. However it is certainly in the interest of various powers for socialized medicine in any form to be synonymous with death panels.

Even with some behind the scenes conspiracy, it still indicates that the NHS is broken and weak enough to fall into the trap.

Type
    INTP
    Weak, yup.

We've had 40 years of the Neo-Liberals attempting to destroy it, and I'd say it's been heavily damaged by the increased mismanagement, bureaucracy and austerity of the coalition and "conservative" governments the past decade.

We know for a fact that corrupt political and medical elements have been conspiring with American companies to get the NHS services outsourced.

Now the NHS is being called a "depraved dictatorship" - quick to forget the millions and millions of lives our National Health Service has saved since it's inception.

Nye Bevan would be turning in his grave.

I don't know how many times people need to be told not to believe the mainstream "Murdoch" media"
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)