Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exercise Equipment

Type
    intp
    I'm increasingly gravitating towards bodyweight exercises over equipment. For one, it's easier (you don't need a gym membership) and for another, there's less risk of hurting yourself. Although the stuff you linked looks pretty risk free.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    i have a treadmill and access to bodies of water...
    ur a body of water

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    ur a body of water
    how dare you.
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    yes, you could get some surgical tube and pvc pipe and make your own gear
    You can also buy physical therapy tubing in bulk pretty cheap. Less than a buck a foot. This also allows you to select resistance level by color and by using multiple lengths of tubing, or doubling it over. Speargun/surgical tubing clocks in a little over a dollar per foot on Amazon.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    You can also buy physical therapy tubing in bulk pretty cheap. Less than a buck a foot. This also allows you to select resistance level by color and by using multiple lengths of tubing, or doubling it over. Speargun/surgical tubing clocks in a little over a dollar per foot on Amazon.
    Our wellbeing is increasingly dependent upon knowing fucking search terms. Thanks for the tip.

Type
    INTP
    A mover once told me that my stationary exercise bike was the first one he's seen that was actually used (the seat is cracked and worn from sweat and use). He constantly moves unused exercise equipment from one home to another.

We have a mini home gym in a spare bedroom - exercise bike, weights/small bench and a pilates machine, all get daily use. Suggest you don't buy anything unless you're sure you'll use it regularly.

Tubing and bands are in the specialty category IMO - only if you actually are in physical therapy. Simple dumbbell free weights are the best investment for your money and muscles. Basic exercises will hit a variety of muscle groups, teaching them to grow and work together. I'm not a believer in machines or specialty equipment unless you are a body builder or have other special needs such as the mentioned physical therapy.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Architect View Post
    A mover once told me that my stationary exercise bike was the first one he's seen that was actually used.

I bought a trainer to use with Zwift a couple of weeks ago. Haven't taken it out of the box yet and still have my free Zwift trial waiting. One of these days...

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    I bought a trainer to use with Zwift a couple of weeks ago. Haven't taken it out of the box yet and still have my free Zwift trial waiting. One of these days...
    Hah. I feel that pain. I have a good trainer I got a couple years back but it hasn't seen much use--not because I don't want to, but because I discovered my floor sags in the only place it makes sense to use it. This leaves me at a slight angle that makes the already agonizing activity of indoor cycling just that much too much uncomfortable to use.

And of course, now I feel that sag in the floor every time I walk over it.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)