Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On the merits of being normal

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    But my point was normal is now exciting to me.
    examples?
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    I'm guessing her mating instinct has kicked in out of nowhere, and suddenly she wants a husband and babies, whereas she had never wanted such before.

At least that's what happened to me in my late twenties.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    Everything is context, but for me it all comes down to sincerity.

I too have an aversion towards people of a certain age that seem to be "overdoing it" with style, gestures, volume level, or whatever weird thing du jour they've decided gives them some importance.

I think by some point, truly sincerely weird people are exhausted with dealing with people that don't get them so they start to conform the best they know how. To me this means: no matter how weird you are, by 30 you know that if you put on a pair of jeans and t-shirt you'll probably be alright a good amount of the time.

People who like to wildly ignore these things (by a certain age) seem to be dealing with something else that's outside of a healthy expression of themselves, at least that's how it seems to me. I've met some weirdos that really try to seem normal, and I like those people. They're still who they are, but understand society.

I like big city livin

Type
    xNxx
    Problem is the normal state of society is pretty psychotic.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i think at a certain age you should just be secure in your weirdness. if you've survived for that long, you understand society enough to know being yourself won't kill you.

"trying to be normal" just makes me think of that fucked up mom in that movie ordinary people.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    "trying to be normal" just makes me think of that fucked up mom in that movie ordinary people.
    There's a lot of ways to slice down what 'normal' is. I don't feel like taking on that debate though. It also doesn't seem that important to describe my point.

When I say normal, or rather attempting to be normal in contrast to trying to 'express how weird you are', I meant "not going out of your way to get attention from strangers by doing something that you otherwise wouldn't regularly do solely to point out how different you perceive yourself to be"

Unless you're in a hurry, mismatched socks is a conscious choice that you know will get you attention for being "different".

Words are a better way to show how different you are than socks imo.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    oh god we're all fucking normies

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    An example being gender & gender roles. I used to believe that human beings were amorphous lizard ppl crustaceans. Now I wouldn't date a guy unless they identified as a guy or a girl unless they identified as a girl, and I vaguely believe in traditional gender roles. I'm libertarian so this is only my preference, I'm not advocating it for everyone else, just myself. Just like I support gay marriage but am not really gay myself, I think people shouldn't have to participate in gender roles if they don't want to, but I prefer to.

(It's weird how no one ever makes this distinction... just because I believe it myself I don't expect everyone else in society to have the same standards or values as me)

Not 100% because I'm pretty independent and dominant in a way, but I prefer be with a guy who will take charge and take care of me and protect me. If we get mugged at a park he better rear naked choke that mugger out before I even blink.

Alsooo a woman who has a "cuck"(lol) man do everything for her is the most dependent and dainty of all, if you think about it. In traditional gender roles the woman has emotional power because she depends on herself for emotional support, and the man has physical power cos... he's just more dominant and stronger.

I also think the rich guy/beautiful girl pairing makes sense.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    INTP
    I was watching this yesterday, I highly recommend it:

Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    i prefer to judge people based on how curious / open they are - how brainwashed / offended they get
    if you mean you love normal yet curious people then i totally fucking agree, because probably they learnt before anyone else that no one gives a shit anymore, anyone can be god, there's no more magic to talk about.