Thread: Creative as a personality type

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP

Creative as a personality type

So it's Monday, and it's raining, and I felt unusually sad after putting in a full 8 hours working on an iOS project that - in my opinion - just gets appreciably worse by the day (I didn't start the thing, but I was tasked with finishing). I walked the dogs around Altadena while my girlfriend tagged along to play Pokemon Go. All the while walking and when I got back, I couldn't help but drift into the age-old internal dialogue of how pathetic I am ...

That, of course, began my Googling of my various psychological afflictions. During the course of this, I kept coming across articles - alarming in their consistency - which talked about the science of creativity. You've all seen these before, I think, probably.

My point is, after reading over the supposed descriptions and traits of unusually creative people, I realized that a collection of all of them is a better description of my personality than any of the MBTI types, including INTP, INFP, and my own INxP Dreamgineer type description.

Given that much of the descriptions were rooted in various "contradictory" behaviors and thought processes, wouldn't it seem to follow that the cognitive processes of highly creative people would break Jung/MBTI/Socionics typology?

Yeah, this thread has been made before, but instead of reading it you could be eating the semen of a chiweenie fondue style. So take your scoffs and objections and chase them down with a creamy snack.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    This is neither a scientific nor purporting to be scientific article, but I found it amusing that the headline insinuated a list of the most creative types, and then it just went ahead and listed all 16 of them. Obviously, I didn't read any of the descriptions.