Thread: Feasibility of being a wise man on a mountain for profit

Type
    INTP

Feasibility of being a wise man on a mountain for profit

This kind of belongs in careers but it's good for retirement too. I was thinking about some day getting a place at the top of some mountain, not too difficult to get to because I want emergency vehicles to be able to get to me, but a little challenging for the uninvited to get to. So there might be a guarded gate. People who come to me for advice would need to climb the mountain off-road and bring me a gift. A guard would make sure the gift is decent and take it before letting them speak to me. I'm thinking I'll wait until I'm at least in my 60s to do this. I'd need to get the word out but ads are too low for a wise man on a mountain so I'd try getting some word of mouth going. Or maybe ads...I'm open to ads. It could work.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    I approve of this idea, but there's one tiny hitch.

How do you intend to become wise?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I think the modern version would be to have a penthouse suite in a skyrise and make supplicants pass a gauntlet of receptionists and stairs.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    You buy too much junk. I don't think you'd last a week on that mountain. The hassle of going to the store and purchasing more trinkets, hard-to-find bath soap, and discounted underwear would eat you alive. I think you would be happiest living in an apartment above a dollar store within walking distance of a home improvement store and a consignment shop.

Type
    INTP
    I think you are over estimating the profit margin and under estimating costs of mountain top living. A couple of pilgrims a month aren't going to pay for any security guards salary. Not to mention the issues with running water (none) and the lack of electric power (unless you can afford to set yourself up off the grid).

Hiking up and down with loads of groceries will keep you fit though.