Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Pro-Trump Thread

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    has anyone read his book The Art of the Deal?

Type
    INtP
    Has anyone read or seen any of the interviews about Trump given by the ghostwriter who wrote The Art of the Deal?

Type
    INTp
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Has anyone read or seen any of the interviews about Trump given by the ghostwriter who wrote The Art of the Deal?
    Heard him on NPR. Regret is a luxury in life, and forgiveness even more expensive.

Don't know if he can afford both now that Trump doesn't need him.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    I heard him on NPR for a bit, iirc something about how he feels it seems like Trump has no inner life lol. That's actually pretty badass IMO. I've worked to cultivate the same thing in myself. That's why he says such awesome things sometimes. He's like a child hahahah. But a child is who recognized the emperor wore no clothes!

Gonna channel Greg Cochran here:

Some of our current political craziness reminds me of modern art…. Back in the day, the rich could easily demonstrate their superiority: they might have a Vermeer on the wall, but you didn’t. They had a chamber orchestra—you didn’t. But with cheap replication, anyone can afford a Vermeer print, anyone can buy the music they want for a song. In such a situation, you pick a marker that nobody really likes: one that marks you as different and special…. Modern art instead of Rembrandts.

You adopt political ideas that are obviously stupid—because only a truly refined person can understand their subtle justifications….

Trump on modern art: "I’ve always felt that a lot of modern art is a con, and that the most successful painters are often better salesmen and promoters than they are artists."

I guess if that part was ghost written at least it captured the spirit of him. Lol.