Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Society and Very Short People

Type
    INTP

Society and Very Short People

Ideally, societies should be purged of their least productive and influencing members in a systematical manner.

Among such members are the Very Short People, known colloquially as 'midgets'. Let us not confuse their condition with dwarfism, which is rather more difficult to predict in terms of human reproduction. This particular (medical) problem can and should be dealt in other ways. I'm talking about the incredibly short but not quite dwarf people. The great majority of them display the least desirable traits for a worthy member of society, directly and indirectly: they are (far) less productive, less socially able, less intelligent, less physically fit, less sexually attractive, less psychologically stable and less self-confident than their peers (if we can call them 'peers' ) of greater stature.

Just think of the bad impression these individuals make when they present themselves as candidates for a top job or as potential spouses before two well-meaning, handsomely tall and overall superior potential parents-in-law. Overall, when investigating their personal skills and qualities, one finds out that they're no better than the rest of the suitors. There's no way we should let this kind of 'human being' spread its genes and poison people with its deep-set inferiority complex and neuroticism (yes, «it» is the best pronoun to refer to them).

What is your view on this problem and what measures could realistically be taken by socially-conscious decision-makers and intelligent citizens to reduce the proportion and influence of such stunted and ill-bred individuals?

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Is this a modest proposal?

Type
    INTP

Type
    XXXX
    My grandma's five feet tall and has a red afro. But I wouldn't cross her because she will turn your world upside down with the twist of an ear. That being said, short people have developed defense strategies to deal with their stature. Like a fierce tenacity. Any attempts to reduce their influence will likely be met with stiff resistence. I think we have to let them be.

Audie Murphy. 5'5
    Last edited by Makers!*; 01-25-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Type
    XXXX
    Also these little buggers

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Um. What?

Anyway the first guy I was in love with was really short. I didn't even really notice he was short until other people said it. Nothing ever happened because I was a prude, but I still consider him unfinished business.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I didn't even really notice he was short until other people said it. Nothing ever happened because I was a prude
    Maybe something did happen, but you didn't notice because he was so little. He could have set up his tiny cute ladder and been in and out of there while you were asleep.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Maybe something did happen, but you didn't notice because he was so little. He could have set up his tiny cute ladder and been in and out of there while you were asleep.
    The only thing that ever happened was we lay on the grass in the middle of the world's largest avenue, and he drew something on my arm in pen. I didn't wash it off for like a week. What a fucking idiot I was.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    I don't see any problem with being short and maybe that's because I'm tall. Anyway, the 'problem' will solve itself in a few hundred years at most because everyone will opt for babies that will grow up to be tall. I'm predicting the average adult male will be 6' 1" by 2100. The only hope for civilization is the airline industry, who will keep shrinking seat sizes and leg room. By 2100 the optimal height for air travel will be 3' 9".

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I read somewhere that dwarfism has been cured.

I also read somewhere that elevators smell different to midgets.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces