Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First World Problems

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    That video is 4 years old.
    It's straight from the California WIC website, retard.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    If my cats live to be 20, I'll be in my late 60s when they die. These may very well be the last three kittens I raise, plus the chance I may die before my pets do is much higher than it has ever been. I worry about that. As much as I hate losing my pets, I definitely don't want them to have to go through losing me. I just don't think they'd understand what was happening to them.

My least favorite first world problem is red tape type stuff and all the waiting that we do. I spent an hour today waiting in line to get my annual inspection sticker on my 3 year old car. I spent an hour today waiting for a followup on the breast ultrasound I had six months ago...(still most likely a benign cyst, but they want to check again in six months because there are some changes.) I spent another 30 minutes waiting in line to schedule the follow up. I spent another 30 dealing with trying to figure out who pays what portion of what(last time there were three rounds of them charging me, then sending me money back). Then I sat in a waiting room for 2 hours getting my oil changed and tires rotated after they said it would be 30 minutes. (It was car/boob maintenance day)

But hey, at least I have a well maintained car and I am able to get my boobs scanned regularly in case they decide to try to kill me. Not everyone in the world gets that.

I rode with an acquaintance visiting from out of town in an ambulance the other day because she almost passed out while she was hanging out at my house and when I put my blood pressure cuff on her...let's just say I thought she was going to die when I saw the readout. BP around 160/ 90 and HR 148. They asked for her medical history at least 50 separate times and she was in slurred speech can't remember anything state of distress. I thought she was having a stroke or something. They never figured out what was wrong. She stabilized on her own after IV fluids, nitroglycerin, and aspirin, and they finally they finally released her. I'm considering making a medical history sheet for myself to carry in my wallet so that if anything bad happens to me and someone I barely know is in a position of attempting to communicate my medical history, they'll be able to do it. My day from 5PM to 3AM consisted of nothing but this emergency room visit.

But hey, at least I live in a time/place where you can get an ambulance ride to a place where people will do their best to keep you from dying when you keel over for no apparent reason. That's not something every human can take for granted.

I've taken to folding origami cranes whenever I'm stuck somewhere uselessly helplessly waiting, and then leaving them with whoever is there. I've made a fuckton of cranes in the last few days. People usually display them. If you are ever in baton rouge and you see a lot of origami cranes at a business somewhere, settle in, it's going to be a while.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    retard.
    Can a retard do this

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    Can a retard do this

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    If the potential of the human brain is limitless, and I could find dozens of sources on and off the internet saying it is--though as we all know, the internet sources are the only ones that matter because everything on the internet is true--and retarded people are humans and therefore have human brains, then by the transitive property, the retarded have unlimited potential and can therefore do anything. This means there is no activity or achievement that can rule out being retarded.

For the record, I am dentally retarded and lost my last baby tooth in the eighth grade.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    ISFP
    California is projected to fully replace paper WIC with EBT in the next couple of years. I was shocked to find out that it hasn't been done yet since the better sunshine state has been doing it for years.

[rereads Heph's post]
    Damn you still had baby teeth in middle school?
    Last edited by rokki balbotox; 05-30-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Type
    INTJ
    Serving sizes on cereal packages are ridiculous. It says 25 grams on the latest pack I bought, which is less than one ounce. Who the heck eats less than an ounce of cereal?!

A.K.A. DolceGuevara PureViolence's Avatar
    Type
    ISFP
    Ring on contracts and hearts of opinions.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    GPS takes forever to sync up.

As a general rule the moment a labor saving device approaches ubiquity, it's too slow. It doesn't matter if it turned a day of difficult work into an hour of work, or even an hour of being left unattended, it's lack of instancy is a nearly unbearable nuisance.

Don't get me started on cars. Fucking people and their automobiles.

Cruise control is a special lazy. You're in a car. You don't have to walk anymore. But flexing your foot a few degrees for a few hours is going to be too much. Y'know, when I was a truck driver, I had access to cruise control. I drove upwards of sixteen hours a day on long day and about ten to twelve on a typical day. I used cruise control less than once a month. Granted, the mass of my vehicle made it impractical a fair amount of the time. But even when conditions were right, it just never really came up. But try and sell a new car without it.

"But my knee aches after three hours of controlling the throttle with my foot"

Try walking.

My knee hurts getting into the damn car and I almost never find call for cruise control.

We can readily travel further in an hour than or ancestors would travel in a day--and when they arrived, they didn't spend a couple hours doing something then start for home tired and go to sleep in their own bed. We do that shit pretty much every day, and yet an enormous amount of our increasingly gargantuan populace whines and rages about the time they spend in their ego boxes. They cheat rules and literally threaten to kill each other (that's what you're doing when you stand off against a pedestrian/cyclist or bully then out of taking their turn in a crosswalk, and if you do, fuck you you oxygen thief) to shave a few seconds of time you lose the moment you hit a stop sign or a red light.

Forget courtesy at intersections, we can't even get everyone on board with driving sober.

If it weren't something I could see at whim on any day ending in "y", I'd call it unfuckingbelievable. Instead, it's just life.

I'm just glad there are grocers open 24/7 so I can buy my food at 10pm: after the rush of families with small children and before the drunks, bums, and junkies slink in to shoplift candy bars while buying beer or energy drinks.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

A.K.A. DolceGuevara PureViolence's Avatar
    Type
    ISFP
    solitude