Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First World Problems

Type
    INTP
    My sister and father are hanging out downstairs watching a show. Downstairs. On the TV I occasionally watch when I want to unwind. Instead of upstairs in the great room that dad usually occupies.

I just got home from work and I want to relax but I can't watch my TV during the one hour a week I like to watch it.

They're, like, bonding and enjoying themselves while I just want to unwind. Alone. In my own space.

Also, the whole damn house smells like cat litter now.

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    My dog is controlling me in our relationship and I don't know exactly what to do. I know, but I'm tired. I used to take her to boarding for a day or so in order to relax.

She came from a puppy mill situation, and she was so ...something...that she just crawled on the floor. She wouldn't walk through doors. She would vomit from panting. I have never seen a normal dog act anything like she did.

We've come a long way, but she is still incredibly neurotic and reactive. I adore her more than any dog I've known. I prefer cats, ffs. I have put thousands of dollars into boarding training, a huge fenced yard, special interventions, toys, etc.
    Do you walk her every day? That'd be the first thing to try, work up to about 1 hr walks. A tired dog is usually a less neurotic dog, and also they tend to love the routine. The vomiting might be from too much bile, and you might try feeding her more often (same amount but spread out more). You might also try a "thundershirt" to take off some of the anxiety.

Type
    INTP
    While kids in third world countries have to worry about typhoid: