Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Trump Hurt America

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

How Trump Hurt America

Lookit me, giving you guys "America", but only for this thread title, okay? Don't get too excited.

So, in other parts of the world, we hear a lot about Trump's "diplomatic" decisions, but less about what he's doing to Americans in the US. How has Trump negatively affected your or other Americans' lives through his domestic policies, words and behaviors? How have Americans' day-to-day lives gotten worse since Trump?
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    his words and behaviors don't offend me because I'm not a whiny little bitch

[rokki balbotox you are most active in rants, raves, and hot air]

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    his words and behaviors don't offend me because I'm not a whiny little bitch

[rokki balbotox you are most active in rants, raves, and hot air]

Same.

Thing about Trump is, I don't care that he's a bigot, at least he's a fucking honest one.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Trump is super cool.

Type
    INTP
    Does his choice of words offend me in the sense that if I separated them from the context of Donald Trump, I would find them offensive? No.

I guess in just find the utter lack of poise and decorum unbecoming of someone who's been elected to be the representative of our nation. It's kinda like that intangible George Bush loose-talk "guy you'd like to sit down and have a beer with" quality, except multiplied times infinity.

Granted, I accept that I could possibly fall somewhere in that whiny little bitch spectrum.

Type
    INTP
    Nothing he's done or said has affected me immediately and personally.

Shit that worries me the most if I think about it: supreme court nominations, and cutting funding to anything that might indirectly have anything to do with abortion.

I believe that abortion is morally wrong, and a lot of the pro-choice rhetoric bothers me, but I believe that anything that significantly limits access to various forms of family planning, while includes both contraception and early term abortion, can only be bad for public health.

I honestly haven't looked into anything deep enough to know exactly how much of an impact the current administration is actually having, or how long-lasting that impact will be.
    Last edited by TeresaJ; 05-28-2018 at 01:50 AM.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    OK. Because down here, when a new government is in office, you feel an impact rather immediately. Either through currency controls, inflation, the job market fluctuating, access to goods and services, etc. We have a businessman in office now and the dollar has jumped from 8 to 25 pesos since he took office, the job market has dried up, everything is more expenisve, services prices have more than quadrupled, crime has increased making streets more dangerous, and the police have a very different attitude, just to name a few things. So I'm wondering how Americans see their lives affected under Trump, on a concrete level.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTp
    There is little interest in Trump beyond his ability to irritate other national heads of state and entertain us with his antics as with any other media darling. Thr US givernment simply doesn't operate in a dictatorial way, and local governments have much more impact on our daily lives.

Similarly, Obama's exploitation as a Muslim sympathizer was pretty worthless as a domestic policy tool. It was entirely to offer the US a stronger diplomatic front in the War on Terror...which is a worldwide campaign involving coordination with many other nations.

Now the emphasis is on the reduction of the US dollar's value again in the global trading complex now that KSA is baxk to playing ball. HW was supposed to have accomplished that almost 20 years ago but 9/11 shut that plan down...

Type
    INTP
    I've noticed no change.

Type
    INTp
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    ...the dollar has jumped from 8 to 25 pesos since he took office, the job market has dried up, everything is more expenisve, services prices have more than quadrupled, crime has increased making streets more dangerous, and the police have a very different attitude, just to name a few things.
    Hey thanks for the update. Been watching the Argentina peso fx and the rate hikes for some time now.

Little has changed here beyond the slow deteriorating grind of the US economy. Interest rates have climbed a little but the deflationary pressures remain strong. We"ve got the currency every nation wants right now, not the curremcy no one wamts...but it's for the same reason, ultkmately.. Times are tough and the forecast is it's gonna get tougher.

Everyone who is paying attention is cinsolidating amd merging here. But we may not be communicating clearly. For example, many of us are armed and possess some fighting skills where I live and do not rely on law enforcement for much to keep law and order...or, at least, the peace.