Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: Why are you superior, white person?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Lurker's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    I don't think anyone on this forum has ever expressed the idea that white people are superior, and it's a pretty unpopular opinion these days, so many you should specify who this question is directed towards. Addressing it to "white person" as if this is a default bias of all white people is somewhat racist in itself. If you're just trying to be provocative, don't be surprised when people roll their eyes at the clumsy attempt.
    Okay, why are black people hilarious to laugh at? Sorry I connected laughing and demeaning a group of people to perceiving them as inferior. Crazy!


  2. #12
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,549
    @pensive_pilgrim
    Background on the people who this is directed towards
    Adherents of white nationalist groups believe that white identity should be the organizing principle of the countries that make up Western civilization. White nationalists advocate for policies to reverse changing demographics and the loss of an absolute, white majority. Ending non-white immigration, both legal and illegal, is an urgent priority — frequently elevated over other racist projects, such as ending multiculturalism and miscegenation — for white nationalists seeking to preserve white, racial hegemony.

    White nationalists seek to return to an America that predates the implementation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965. Both landmark pieces of legislation are cited as the harbingers of white dispossession and so-called “white genocide” — the idea that whites in the United States are being systematically replaced and destroyed.

    These racist aspirations are most commonly articulated as the desire to form a white ethnostate — a calculated idiom favored by white nationalists in order to obscure the inherent violence of such a radical project. Appeals for the white ethnostate are often disingenuously couched in proclamations of love for members of their own race, rather than hatred for others.

    This platitude collapses under scrutiny. Two favorite animating myths of white nationalists are the victimhood narrative of black-on-white crime — the idea that the dominant white majority is under assault by supposedly violent people of color — and the deceptively titled “human biodiversity,” the pseudo-scientific ascription of human behaviors, in this case along racial lines, to “non-negligible” genetic difference among humans. Appeals to the “empirical science” of human biodiversity are frequently coupled with thinly veiled nods to white, racial superiority.

    In addition to their obsession with declining white birth rates, these themes comprise some of the most powerful propaganda that animates and drives the white nationalist movement. Adherents frequently cite Pat Buchanan’s 2001 book, The Death of the West, which argues that these declining white birth rates and an “immigrant invasion” will transform the United States into a third world nation by 2050, as the text responsible for their awakening, or “red pill.”

    White nationalists also frequently cite American Renaissance, a pseudo-academic organization dedicated to spreading the myth of black criminality, scientific racism and eugenic theories. Its annual conference, a multi-day symposium with a suit-and-tie dress code, is a typical early stop for new white nationalists.

    Although it isn’t ubiquitous, there is a current of antisemitism in the modern day white nationalist movement. Jews are common scapegoats for the perceived cultural and political grievances of white nationalists. White nationalist and antisemitic literature and conferences also have frequent author and speaker overlap. Kevin MacDonald, the author of The Culture of Critique — a trilogy of books alleging a Jewish control of culture and politics with evolutionary psychology — is a frequent guest in white nationalist media and at events. His writing is frequently cited as what introduces white nationalists to the idea of a Jewish conspiracy

    White nationalists also commonly pass through paleoconservatism — an anti-interventionist strand of libertarianism that seeks to limit government, restrict immigration, reverse multicultural programs and deconstruct the social welfare programs. Some of white nationalism’s most prominent voices, including Richard Spencer, Jared Taylor, and Peter Brimelow did stints at Taki’s Magazine, the most prominent paleoconservative journal.

    Strategies for pursuing the white ethnostate fall into two major categories: mainstreaming and vanguardism. Mainstreamers believe that infiltrating and subverting the existing political institutions is the only realistic path to power. They aspire to convert disaffected “normies” to their politics and advocate for white nationalists to seek positions — in politics and society — that have access to resources otherwise unavailable to avowed racists. These resources often require that white nationalists disguise their politics and compromise on their most extreme positions. Mainstreaming allows those sympathetic to white nationalism to pursue or enact policies furthering white nationalist priorities. These aren’t always exclusive to white nationalism, such as immigration restriction or the elimination of social welfare programs.

    Vanguardists believe that revolution is the only viable path toward a white ethnostate. They believe that reforming the system is impossible and therefore refuse to soften their rhetoric. They typically seek to reform what they believe to be an “anti-white” establishment through radical action. Vanguardists favor public demonstrations to anonymous, online activism and hope that by turning out in numbers at protests they can defy so-called political correctness, polarize politics and accelerate what they view as the inevitable collapse of America.

    The racist so-called “alt-right,” which came to prominence in late 2015, is white nationalism’s most recent formulation. While the themes of white dispossession, nostalgia for pre-1960s America and the desire for separatism remain central to the ideology, its edges are softer and porous, allowing for the influence and inclusion of more radical elements, including a suite of neo-Nazi organizations. It also welcomed an unsavory ecosystem of internet trolls. These chaos agents contribute a distinct style of discourse that include a notable lack of empathy, extreme, often violence-tinged, rhetoric, and willingness to dehumanize their enemies in service of political goals. Throughout 2016, with the contentious presidential campaign as a unique backdrop, the nascent alt-right launched a novel campaign of “cultural vanguardism,” tightly focused on radically altering culture — in the form of a total war on “political correctness” — rather than politics. This third style of activism, which borrowed from both the mainstreamers and the vanguardists, primarily took place online in the form of “shitposting,” meme making and online harassment.

    As momentum dissipated post presidential election and online activism began to yield diminishing returns, white nationalists reverted to tried tactics such as public demonstrations, including college speaking engagements and propaganda distribution, primarily in the form of anonymous flyerings and banner drops — also on college campuses. Universities, with their impressionable and at times combustible student bodies provide easy targets for the newly trollish tactics of an alt-right obsessed with youth recruitment.

    Groups listed in a variety of other categories — Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederate, neo-Nazi, racist skinhead and Christian Identity — can also be fairly described as "white nationalist." Although, as organizational loyalty has dwindled and the internet has become white nationalism’s organizing principle, the ideology is best understood as a loose coalition of social networks orbiting online propaganda hubs and forums.

    tl;dr there a number of people here who fit some or all of the descriptions for a white nationalist, white supremecist, even if they wouldn't label themselves as such

  3. #13
    Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,315
    doesn't matter, in the end we all watch


  4. #14
    Senior Member Lurker's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    @pensive_pilgrim
    Background on the people who this is directed towards
    Adherents of white nationalist groups believe that white identity should be the organizing principle of the countries that make up Western civilization. White nationalists advocate for policies to reverse changing demographics and the loss of an absolute, white majority. Ending non-white immigration, both legal and illegal, is an urgent priority — frequently elevated over other racist projects, such as ending multiculturalism and miscegenation — for white nationalists seeking to preserve white, racial hegemony.

    White nationalists seek to return to an America that predates the implementation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965. Both landmark pieces of legislation are cited as the harbingers of white dispossession and so-called “white genocide” — the idea that whites in the United States are being systematically replaced and destroyed.

    These racist aspirations are most commonly articulated as the desire to form a white ethnostate — a calculated idiom favored by white nationalists in order to obscure the inherent violence of such a radical project. Appeals for the white ethnostate are often disingenuously couched in proclamations of love for members of their own race, rather than hatred for others.

    This platitude collapses under scrutiny. Two favorite animating myths of white nationalists are the victimhood narrative of black-on-white crime — the idea that the dominant white majority is under assault by supposedly violent people of color — and the deceptively titled “human biodiversity,” the pseudo-scientific ascription of human behaviors, in this case along racial lines, to “non-negligible” genetic difference among humans. Appeals to the “empirical science” of human biodiversity are frequently coupled with thinly veiled nods to white, racial superiority.

    In addition to their obsession with declining white birth rates, these themes comprise some of the most powerful propaganda that animates and drives the white nationalist movement. Adherents frequently cite Pat Buchanan’s 2001 book, The Death of the West, which argues that these declining white birth rates and an “immigrant invasion” will transform the United States into a third world nation by 2050, as the text responsible for their awakening, or “red pill.”

    White nationalists also frequently cite American Renaissance, a pseudo-academic organization dedicated to spreading the myth of black criminality, scientific racism and eugenic theories. Its annual conference, a multi-day symposium with a suit-and-tie dress code, is a typical early stop for new white nationalists.

    Although it isn’t ubiquitous, there is a current of antisemitism in the modern day white nationalist movement. Jews are common scapegoats for the perceived cultural and political grievances of white nationalists. White nationalist and antisemitic literature and conferences also have frequent author and speaker overlap. Kevin MacDonald, the author of The Culture of Critique — a trilogy of books alleging a Jewish control of culture and politics with evolutionary psychology — is a frequent guest in white nationalist media and at events. His writing is frequently cited as what introduces white nationalists to the idea of a Jewish conspiracy

    White nationalists also commonly pass through paleoconservatism — an anti-interventionist strand of libertarianism that seeks to limit government, restrict immigration, reverse multicultural programs and deconstruct the social welfare programs. Some of white nationalism’s most prominent voices, including Richard Spencer, Jared Taylor, and Peter Brimelow did stints at Taki’s Magazine, the most prominent paleoconservative journal.

    Strategies for pursuing the white ethnostate fall into two major categories: mainstreaming and vanguardism. Mainstreamers believe that infiltrating and subverting the existing political institutions is the only realistic path to power. They aspire to convert disaffected “normies” to their politics and advocate for white nationalists to seek positions — in politics and society — that have access to resources otherwise unavailable to avowed racists. These resources often require that white nationalists disguise their politics and compromise on their most extreme positions. Mainstreaming allows those sympathetic to white nationalism to pursue or enact policies furthering white nationalist priorities. These aren’t always exclusive to white nationalism, such as immigration restriction or the elimination of social welfare programs.

    Vanguardists believe that revolution is the only viable path toward a white ethnostate. They believe that reforming the system is impossible and therefore refuse to soften their rhetoric. They typically seek to reform what they believe to be an “anti-white” establishment through radical action. Vanguardists favor public demonstrations to anonymous, online activism and hope that by turning out in numbers at protests they can defy so-called political correctness, polarize politics and accelerate what they view as the inevitable collapse of America.

    The racist so-called “alt-right,” which came to prominence in late 2015, is white nationalism’s most recent formulation. While the themes of white dispossession, nostalgia for pre-1960s America and the desire for separatism remain central to the ideology, its edges are softer and porous, allowing for the influence and inclusion of more radical elements, including a suite of neo-Nazi organizations. It also welcomed an unsavory ecosystem of internet trolls. These chaos agents contribute a distinct style of discourse that include a notable lack of empathy, extreme, often violence-tinged, rhetoric, and willingness to dehumanize their enemies in service of political goals. Throughout 2016, with the contentious presidential campaign as a unique backdrop, the nascent alt-right launched a novel campaign of “cultural vanguardism,” tightly focused on radically altering culture — in the form of a total war on “political correctness” — rather than politics. This third style of activism, which borrowed from both the mainstreamers and the vanguardists, primarily took place online in the form of “shitposting,” meme making and online harassment.

    As momentum dissipated post presidential election and online activism began to yield diminishing returns, white nationalists reverted to tried tactics such as public demonstrations, including college speaking engagements and propaganda distribution, primarily in the form of anonymous flyerings and banner drops — also on college campuses. Universities, with their impressionable and at times combustible student bodies provide easy targets for the newly trollish tactics of an alt-right obsessed with youth recruitment.

    Groups listed in a variety of other categories — Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederate, neo-Nazi, racist skinhead and Christian Identity — can also be fairly described as "white nationalist." Although, as organizational loyalty has dwindled and the internet has become white nationalism’s organizing principle, the ideology is best understood as a loose coalition of social networks orbiting online propaganda hubs and forums.

    tl;dr there a number of people here who fit some or all of the descriptions for a white nationalist, white supremecist, even if they wouldn't label themselves as such
    Yes, but no one here has expressed the idea that white people are superior.


  5. #15
    Senior Member Sinny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    3,961
    Well as an Irish person, I know full well that not all white people are the same, or treated the same.

    The Irish themselves have long suffered slavery, genocide, and institutionalised racism and discrimination from the upper echelons of the white European Aristocracy, all still perpetrated today.

    And there are other white nationalities across Europe who have also suffered the same... Just like their are nonwhite Aboriginals who have suffered the same.

    I'm a nationalist and an internationalist, I want what's best for all nations - who are often - although not wholly - collectively connect by a sense of ethnic, cultural and national identity.

    I support a United Ireland and a strong England, a strong United Kingdom, a strong and stable Syria, a strong and stable America, Russia and so on and so forth.

    There's no need to even bring race into this because when people are left to their own devices, when they prosper, they do their own thing anyway... It's not the Syrians wanted to leave their beautiful historical country to come live on the crowded, grey, rubbish filled streets of dreary England.. I'm pretty sure of they were left in peace, they would love stay in their own damn country, and it is us who would be begging them for flexible relations so we could flock to theirs.

    Most white people amaze me with their ignorance.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

    ~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)


  6. #16
    Senior Member Lurker's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Well as an Irish person, I know full well that not all white people are the same, or treated the same.

    The Irish themselves have long suffered slavery, genocide, and institutionalised racism and discrimination from the upper echelons of the white European Aristocracy, all still perpetrated today.

    And there are other white nationalities across Europe who have also suffered the same.

    I'm a nationalist, and I want what's best for all nations - who are often, although not wholly, connect led by a sense of ethnic, cultural and national identity.

    I support a United Ireland, and a strong England, and strong United Kingdom, and strong and stable syria, and a strong and stable America, Russia and so on and so forth.
    Okay, thank you for a great answer.

    I admit to hating Islam. I don't want that fucking violent, repressive shit here; I would feel the same about a cult. I don't believe a fundamentally violent religion deserves protection.

    The people can't be hated because they happened to be born into an awful culture. I find that unfair.


  7. #17
    Senior Member Sinny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Okay, thank you for a great answer.

    I admit to hating Islam. I don't want that fucking violent, repressive shit here; I would feel the same about a cult. I don't believe a fundamentally violent religion deserves protection.

    The people can't be hated because they happened to be born into an awful culture. I find that unfair.
    Most people are ignorant to the part that western intelligence services have played in "weaponising Islam" and "fundamentalism" in general.

    Most people do not follow deep -politics or the actions of the intelligence and private army services.

    Decades ago the Middle Eastern countries were flourishing.. dragging a bit behind the western countries in education and technology, but still, making steady progress.

    What's happened since then? Proxy wars conducted by America, the Soviets, Britain, the Vatican etc etc.

    Where's ISIS disappeared to lately?

    How did they spring into existence and for what purpose?

    Who was really pulling the strings and unto what end?

    We've all been played a fiddle.

    As for falling into the trap of "hating Islam", need I remind you the blood shed that Christianity is founded upon? Or the fanatical nature of the clergy themselves?

    As an Irish woman, I could expand on how women are worthless in the eyes of the Vatican.. how women cannot become priestesses, are not allowed to read from the Bible, and how they were locked away in Covenants, and having all their worldly assests signed over to the church..

    And darker still, how those priests used those women sexually, and just disposed of their mistakes on church grounds.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

    ~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)


  8. #18
    know nothing pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,599
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    @pensive_pilgrimtl;dr there a number of people here who fit some or all of the descriptions for a white nationalist, white supremecist, even if they wouldn't label themselves as such
    Then name names and let those people speak for themselves, rather than sticking a controversial and unpopular ideology on the generic "white person".

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Okay, why are black people hilarious to laugh at? Sorry I connected laughing and demeaning a group of people to perceiving them as inferior. Crazy!
    Why don't you ask whoever you saw laughing at black people?

  9. #19
    Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Then name names and let those people speak for themselves, rather than sticking a controversial and unpopular ideology on the generic "white person".
    i love it, give us the names, full exposure.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Lurker's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Then name names and let those people speak for themselves, rather than sticking a controversial and unpopular ideology on the generic "white person".



    Why don't you ask whoever you saw laughing at black people?
    I will get in trouble, and besides, this isn't a secret.

    I mean, Kali, that bitch! Nah.


Similar Threads

  1. Cat Person
    By Madrigal in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-21-2018, 06:29 PM
  2. White people, or Might as well be White People: Pride or Shame?
    By Lurker in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-25-2017, 08:45 AM
  3. Are you a white knight?
    By baccheion in forum The Pub
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 05:33 AM
  4. White Rabbit?
    By INTP_Polly in forum Welcome Center
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •