Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INTPx Commune: What's your role?

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx

INTPx Commune: What's your role?

this is in the playground for a reason. let's have some fun with this.

the land is "owned" by members of the INTPx intentional community living here full-time, but if that's not what you wish to do you're still free to come and go whenever you'd like.

in terms of land, there's adequate space to build any sort of life you'd want for yourself.

this isn't some totally isolated middle-of-nowhere land, if you don't want it to be.

if you've established yourself in this community and play nicely with others, that's good enough to become a member, but you can still be kicked out if you're not contributing in some way. this community will have no superfluous features or people.

what would you like to see for this land in terms of development?

there's a forest on one side and a good-sized stream. the rest of the land is wild grasses.

some ideas that are gonna require infrastructure and systems-building:
    + being energy independent
    + being food independent
    + being as resource and energy efficient as possible
    + how to manage waste disposal and pollution
    + types of housing
    + etc.

what values would you hope are upheld? (your top values?)

what practical or domestic skills would you contribute?

what would your role be, generally?

now let's say you've established yourself and have a say in how things are run:
    how discriminating would your personal criteria for membership be?

what specific qualities or skills would you consider most valuable for your neighbors / community members to have?

what system do you envision being put in place to ensure the most satisfaction?

any examples of people you think would be very much needed for their contributions? go ahead and name them.

any other thoughts?
    Cut out all these exclamation points. An exclamation point is like laughing at your own joke.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Weird, I literally had this exact same thought earlier.

Realistically I think farm work, taking care of animals, and cleaning will be the most time consuming aspects. I don't have many mechanical skills so probably I'd wind up doing a lot of basic manual labor stuff. I'm reasonably fit so could help with things like basic construction, digging/plowing, etc as well, and I'm familiar with planting crops and taking care of chickens. I can also cook and know some basic baking. I'm a decent shot with a gun. So most likely my main role would be... farmer?

I'd want a system of crop and livestock rotation to keep the soil healthy and maximize use of resources. Pigs can act as a natural plow for example. Goats can eat brush and weeds. Geese can alert you to predators. Every animal should have a job, basically.

INTPs value privacy so we'd want to construct separate living spaces for people which would take a lot of space. Maybe we can utilize some or the wood from the forest for that.

I think the most important values in others is ability to get along well with others, not being overly neurotic, being willing to get dirty, and a willingness to help out/share. I think that rules out a lot of people here.

I'd be pretty discriminating for membership. One useless or malicious person can fuck the whole system up. Such an environment would depend a great deal on trust. People with no domestic skills, no experience with manual labor activities or animals, and who aren't physically fit would be a burden. I think the most important people would be ones with mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and construction skills.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Natural resource/wildlife management
    Odd jobs/fix it person -- I can't imagine waking up in the morning and not finding something I can do that needs doing.
    I'd probably cook sometimes and do a bit of gardening, gathering and hunting.

In D&D terms, I'd be a ranger.

I might ultimately wander off to live on my own though. I don't really think commune style living would be my choice if I had one. I dislike having to take my ideas to a committee.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I might ultimately wander off to live on my own though. I don't really think commune style living would be my choice if I had one. I dislike having to take my ideas to a committee.
    It's true, I can't even stand the thought of an HOA. This commune would probably need to find some way to provide a great deal of autonomy to people.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    In order to make an INTP commune work, then it would either need to be dependent on the rest of society's infrastructure and have an abundance of wealth backing it, or we'd need to enslave a bunch of ISTJs to do all of the actual work for us.

So, there. I'd be the commune's slaver. I'd make sure that every INTP has at least 2-3 STJ servants. I'd use the remaining servants to build and run a big ol' potfarm. We could then smoke/vape/dab the pot/oil/wax and sell the rest. With all the weed $$$, we could still grow our own food & build structures & shit - sure - but we could also just buy nice things instead of eating tiny tomatoes grown by Stigmata & his STJ minions or whatever. And nobody will be making guns by hand, so we'll need the cash to buy those too. Preferably AR-15 assault rifles with thermal reflex sights .. Because you see ...

This whole peace thing won't work for long. We'll be at war with post-apocalyptic raiders, super mutants, and giant spiders.

I propose that we start this commune for realz somewhere around Ojai.
    Last edited by notdavidlynch; 06-11-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    not being overly neurotic
    This is a recipe for disaster. Human civilizations and even small communities simply don't work very well without neurotic people. Best case scenario: you all end up kinda bored because there are no neurotic people around to entertain/worry you. Worst case scenario: you all end up dead (or worse) because there was no one paranoid enough to be suspicious of the bird calls, deciphering them as messages between enemy scouts plotting to raid and pillage the commune.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    shaman? can i? ;P the oracle? 25+ yo ladies coming to me to understand what their purpose on life is
    but the system's architect plans for me are far oblivious, execute the will of the high iq leader - whose name cannot be spelled - : to repopulate and improve the genetics of INTPs
    the other half of my double life would be as a builder, breaking rocks in the hot sun and selling pee for lemon juice to young kids
    only requirement to be accepted: erase your ideology and knowledge on history and no political talk

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I don't really know how to do anything useful, so I'd volunteer as the assistant of whoever has some skills. Building would be fun for me in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    This is a recipe for disaster. Human civilizations and even small communities simply don't work very well without neurotic people. Best case scenario: you all end up kinda bored because there are no neurotic people around to entertain/worry you. Worst case scenario: you all end up dead (or worse) because there was no one paranoid enough to be suspicious of the bird calls, deciphering them as messages between enemy scouts plotting to raid and pillage the commune.
    Ok but no more than a 12:1 ratio of normies to neurotics, and it has to be on like a 3 month rotation too.
    I like your pot farm idea though. Assuming they're still even profitable these days. Speaking of...

Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I don't really know how to do anything useful, so I'd volunteer as the assistant of whoever has some skills. Building would be fun for me in particular.
    iirc you have some particularly useful planting skills.

Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    Ok but no more than a 12:1 ratio of normies to neurotics, and it has to be on like a 3 month rotation too.
    I like your pot farm idea though. Assuming they're still even profitable these days. Speaking of...
    On top of the pot farming, we could round up all of the INTP developers into an incubator and have them start pumping out iOS and Android apps ... My money is on pot farm simulators. They could also build our own online store to advertise/sell weed, uber integration, etc. Maybe a VPN service where you either pay 5-10 USD per month or get it for free if you install the blockchain, process transactions, and mine for our commune's own cryptocurrency ... The revenue from the VPN could then provide a guaranteed USD bottom value for the cryptocurrency. On top of that, we would have a form of income redistribution built into the protocol. This could also be done for the in game currency of our free to play pot farm simulators (other types of games are fair game too).

On the outskirts of our commune, we could use the crypto to fund a 20 thousand seat indoor arena + parking structures and bring in more revenue via concerts, boxing, and UFC.

When societal mores and government regulation further crumble, our stadium becomes the premier venue for the next generation of Gladiator/Running Man style blood/death sports ... And the leaders of our INTP (I say we include all introverted intuitives) commune become an Illuminati like all-powerful secret governing body of the seemingly anarcho-syndacalist post-apocalyptic wasteland. We wear robes & practice "magic" (technology) and shit like that.
    Last edited by notdavidlynch; 06-11-2018 at 09:39 PM.