View Poll Results: So?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave Fatass behind. Your cat will get over it.

1 5.56%
  • Next time you see your bf, ask him how he honestly feels about the idea of 2 cats

6 33.33%
  • Don't tell your bf anything, just show up with Fatass and your cat

7 38.89%
  • Make a thread about this on the internet so he will read it - that's communication!

4 22.22%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My cat's fatass girlfriend

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blorg View Post
    @MoneyJungle you monster!! You can't just vote "leave fatass behind" without comment. So cold.

Anyway, Fatass is a cat miracle, and adorable in that gif. Anyone who wouldn't take Fatass into their home is by definition the worst person in the world, ever.

Truth is spoken!
    I just want Madrigal and this dude to have a long and happy life together and am wary of setting a precedent that one cat requires another cat's companionship because then you're forever on a cycle of getting one cat to keep company with whichever one was most recently bereaved, whether this guy likes cats or not. If Maddy's going to leave behind Argentina, I see no good reason to drag along this feline monument to her sister's irresponsibility when there's another home available. Start as freshly as possible when merging your life with another. Lev's grandfathered in. Lev will be fine. Let any additional furballs, or lack thereof, be joint acquisitions! Of course, he's going to agree to how ever many cats she wants because she's Madrigal and all but that doesn't mean he won't resent it! Not that it's any of my beeswax. This is why only vote in polls without commenting It's all fun and games until you have twice the paws walking across your goddamn keyboard!
    Last edited by MoneyJungle; 06-13-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: I live alone

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Better there being no details shared than insufferable cuteness. Right? Right.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Rename Fatass to "Datass" and it will all be worth it just for the conversations you'll have about her.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    I just want Madrigal and this dude to have a long and happy life together and am wary of setting a precedent that one cat requires another cat's companionship because then you're forever on a cycle of getting one cat to keep company with whichever one was most recently bereaved, whether this guy likes cats or not. If Maddy's going to leave behind Argentina, I see no good reason to drag along this feline monument to her sister's irresponsibility when there's another home available. Start as freshly as possible when merging your life with another. Lev's grandfathered in. Lev will be fine. Let any additional furballs, or lack thereof, be joint acquisitions! Of course, he's going to agree to how ever many cats she wants because she's Madrigal and all but that doesn't mean he won't resent it! Not that it's any of my beeswax. This is why only vote in polls without commenting It's all fun and games until you have twice the paws walking across your goddamn keyboard!
    All of this makes perfect sense but it kind of minimizes the fact that Lev was recently ill. I'm not looking forward to towing around another cat. I haven't had good luck with them. The first one I lived with had feline leukemia. The next one had a urinary problem, his penis needed to be removed. Now this one is costing a fortune. If Fatass has a health issue too, I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blorg View Post
    @MoneyJungle you monster!! You can't just vote "leave fatass behind" without comment. So cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    All of this makes perfect sense but it kind of minimizes the fact that Lev was recently ill. I'm not looking forward to towing around another cat. I haven't had good luck with them. The first one I lived with had feline leukemia. The next one had a urinary problem, his penis needed to be removed. Now this one is costing a fortune. If Fatass has a health issue too, I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown.
    is it me or do cat health issues just seem really common?

we took our cat to the vet recently (probably the first time she’s ever gone) and they say she has early onset kidney disease. she’s around 9 - 10 years old and we just got her. i was researching this and apparently kidney disease is really common cuz cats tend to not drink enough water, plus their people aren’t aware they’re sorta picky about water. for example they don’t like drinking and eating in the same spot.

the costs are gonna come later and that sucks but i feel like this is the hidden cost of having a cat. (edit: oh and we’re making sure she always eats wet food, we add some water to her food plus we have a water fountain turned on most the day just for her)

i’m sure there are some cats that are pampered their entire lives and don’t have problems but is that rare? just due to the nature of cats?

idk. i mean all animals have problems but almost everyone i’ve talked to with cats mentions some weird health problem or injury their cat had/has.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 06-13-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Cut out all these exclamation points. An exclamation point is like laughing at your own joke.

Type
    INTP
    Ok I'm gonna say it:

Expensive health treatments for pets are an unnecessary luxury.

Fatass is an accessory to draining-all-your-resources cat. Once draining-all-your-resources cat is out of the picture, I think you should have a euthanization policy for all secondary pets.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Ok I'm gonna say it:

Expensive health treatments for pets are an unnecessary luxury.

Fatass is an accessory to draining-all-your-resources cat. Once draining-all-your-resources cat is out of the picture, I think you should have a euthanization policy for all secondary pets.

You realise this is a living being we're talking about?

There's no shame in rehoming a cat if you can't take care of it anymore, be it due to familial, health or financial reasons. But euthanising one just because it's inconvenient? Fie.

Type
    INTP
    I think if this guy can put up with Madrigal an extra cat will be in the noise.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I think if this guy can put up with Madrigal an extra cat will be in the noise.