View Poll Results: So?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave Fatass behind. Your cat will get over it.

1 5.56%
  • Next time you see your bf, ask him how he honestly feels about the idea of 2 cats

6 33.33%
  • Don't tell your bf anything, just show up with Fatass and your cat

7 38.89%
  • Make a thread about this on the internet so he will read it - that's communication!

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My cat's fatass girlfriend

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    there are many things wrong here:

first; you have a bf?
    second, you are moving with him in sacred marriage?
    third; you pretend to stop the love between these two cats when you're obviously moved by this intense feeling?
    as i see it, your cat uses her as a massage machine, think about it...

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    You really buried the lead here. Moving in with boyfriend? You usually give blow by blows as these things unfold. I'm guessing this one doesn't practice Santeria? Does he have crystal balls? Does he have a million dollars? Have you spent it all?

There is a term in the cat rescue biz for two cats who just can't be happy without each other - bonded pair. If that's what you have here, separating them could lead to things like bathroom and behavior issues. Moving is already really hard on cats.

https://www.kyhumane.org/bonded-pair

https://www.petful.com/behaviors/kee...cats-together/

(Also, I think it's time to admit the truth. You have a Fatass - err, I mean to say you own two cats. Fatass is your cat.)
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INtP
    Yeah, I am bummed she mentions her boyfriend in passing but gives none of the juicy details. Madrigal, you tease!

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    I feel like I'm sitting in the premiere of a novel's screen adaption, but hardly anyone in the audience has read the book.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    if he said that i'd have to choose between him and my pets though that might honestly be dealbreaker material anyway.
    It wouldn't be a dealbreaker if he didn't want Fatass. I half-wish Fatass didn't exist, and half-resent my little sister for putting Fatass in my cat's life, and therefore, in mine. She did me the favor of taking care of my cat while he couldn't live with me (a period that coincided with his falling almost fatally ill, but that's not her fault - she's very good to him - and if it's anyone's fault, it's mine). And then did me the "favor" of pushing another cat on me. Cats can live up to 19, 20 years. I don't go through life picking animals up like she does, she has never kept any of her pets till the end. I never even wanted to have Lev; my twin begged me because he almost killed her other cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    I.e. after the first time you ever move out of the residence you lived in when you first adopted a kitten, it becomes in certain respects a psychologically broken animal in a way that it will probably never be able to fully recover from.
    This cat has lived in about 5 places but he only got sick when he lived apart from me. He had a lot of behavioral problems before I got him. I think he'll be fine as long as some things don't change (like me, and now Fatass).

Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    I guessing your bf won't mind two cats!!

Two fat-asses on the other hand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    I love that cat
    He leapt for his neck, and would have succeeded if the guy hadn't lifted his arm just in time (he got a bite on the underside of his arm instead).

Fatass sounds as if she's been a loyal friend to Lev so she should definitely come along. I thought in communism it was a moral imperative to reward devotion and camaraderie!
    This is the ONLY reason I don't 100% despise Fatass.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    Hold it. You're moving in with the apparently employed (possibly even well to do) non-communist boyfriend you never talk about? Cat issues need to take a back seat to this breaking news.
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Yeah, I am bummed she mentions her boyfriend in passing but gives none of the juicy details. Madrigal, you tease!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    You really buried the lead here. Moving in with boyfriend? You usually give blow by blows as these things unfold. I'm guessing this one doesn't practice Santeria? Does he have crystal balls? Does he have a million dollars? Have you spent it all?
    I thought I had said it several times one way or another. It's an Irish guy I met in Chile, he doesn't practice santería, homeopathy or reggaeton, and I dunno how much money he has.

There is a term in the cat rescue biz for two cats who just can't be happy without each other - bonded pair. If that's what you have here, separating them could lead to things like bathroom and behavior issues. Moving is already really hard on cats.

https://www.kyhumane.org/bonded-pair

https://www.petful.com/behaviors/kee...cats-together/

(Also, I think it's time to admit the truth. You have a Fatass - err, I mean to say you own two cats. Fatass is your cat.)
    Those links are helpful. One of them actually says the cats can get sick. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    I will miss single/uncensored Madrigal.

Can we all just take a moment to mourn.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I thought I had said it several times one way or another. It's an Irish guy I met in Chile, he doesn't practice santería, homeopathy or reggaeton, and I dunno how much money he has.
    You've been vague at best. Although some clarity now begins to emerge. So are you moving to Chile or he to Argentina?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    [video]
    I dunno if my cat likes reggaeton, but probably his fatass gf does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I will miss single/uncensored Madrigal.

Can we all just take a moment to mourn.
    I've rarely been single in the past 18 years, but I guess I was kind of uncensored most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    You've been vague at best. Although some clarity now begins to emerge. So are you moving to Chile or he to Argentina?
    I'm moving to Chile, where I guess I'll pretend to be from Uruguay because nobody likes us there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    What's the average length of your relationships?

How longs this one been going on again?
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)