Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Oklahoma City like?

Banned
    Type
    ISFP

What is Oklahoma City like?

Have you been there? Would you go back? Is it a nice area?

Type
    intp
    I haven't been to Oklahoma City.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    looks quite boring

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    I thought it was home to an acoustic phenomenon, but turns out that's actually Tulsa, OK.

Type
    INTp
    It's a jazz music mecca. If you dig that, it will inform your understanding of at least one pillar of its culture.
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

Type
    INTP
    I feel like a good 75% of things I know about Oklahoma City is just information about the terrorist attack in the 90's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    It's OK

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    intp
    Apparently it's got a big ass mural of a Rotorua street kid... and it's on NZ news every night.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Weird, I just mentioned this place today, (because of their particular way of pronouncing "Chickaha" non-anglicized and insisting that I was saying it wrong in the non-native American way.)
    I flew in there and then drove down to Lawton. Comanche is down there and I remember being shown around Medicine park, which was mildly interesting.
    The people there were a bit clickish and some kind of nudge-nudge, wink-wink thing was attempted in hinting at something that I missed completely. Not sure if it was race or religion, but I got the impression that everyone there that I met was a bit like that. *whispers* one of us, one of us, one of us

I recall I was reading the God delusion at the time and it was weird as I was sat in the airport reading it and reached the part where the city was called out as local resident Oral Roberts said that God would kill him if he didn't raise a load of money (which worked!)

It wasn't a bad trip, I would go back. I wouldn't want to live there though. Not least because of the constant threat of tornadoes.

Type
    INTP
    I've heard that if you are a farmer, you could be friends with a cow-man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.