Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neutral statements that you take as compliments

Type
    iNtP
    washington... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    there was a cute woman at the gas station today... smiled at me inside and at the pump... while we were standing there she said "i bet people don't like to mess with you"... i am not sure how she could tell, but it was pleasant...anyhow, we talked about camping and then we left...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Type
    XXXX
    "You're enigmatic."

"You're intimidating."

"You seem like a dick."

so forth and so on.

It's a compliment insofar as I'm projecting something that makes people orient themselves towards me how I wish. That is, staying away unless I choose to pursue them for some reason. I hate having anyone in my sphere that I didn't allow.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    You're so pale

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    there was a cute woman at the gas station today... smiled at me inside and at the pump... while we were standing there she said "i bet people don't like to mess with you"... i am not sure how she could tell, but it was pleasant...anyhow, we talked about camping and then we left...
    I think it's because you look like a mentally ill sociopath from the 1970s.

Type
    INTP
    I walked a dirt path to kind of remote area, for a big city, and found two girls at the end, around early 20s or maybe teens. They didn't group and whisper a plan or leave.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch